Homosexuality Cut and Paste Info
by Matt Slick
- Agenda, the homosexuals want acceptability, recognition, and approval.
- Homosexuals want others in society to think like them (and behave like them?). They are working hard to change moral, social, and political opinion to be more in line with what they want. They are not content to be what they want to be. They want others to accept them. They want others' opinions to change and conform to their ideology and behavior. What gives them the right to try to change society into what they want it to be?
- Animal kingdom: Homosexuality occurs in the animal world; therefore, it is natural.
- Saying that homosexuality is natural because it occurs in the animal kingdom does not mean it is morally correct. Animals also eat each other alive, devour offspring, etc. Should we imitate those things as well because the animals do it? Of course not.
- From an evolutionary perspective how does homosexuality further the development and distribution of the human species? It cannot. Homosexuality would obviously work for self-extermination. Therefore, how is it natural if what it leads to is self-destruction? It would seem that natural selection would have removed the "gene for homosexuality" since it would not lead to reproduction. It would seem, then, that homosexuality is not natural but is a learned behavior.
- Born as Homosexuals: If homosexuals are born that way, it would be natural to them.
- There is no proof that homosexuals are born that way. Research is all over the place, and no conclusive evidence has been shown that demonstrates they are born that way.
- If a behavior is said to be natural to a person and this is why homosexuality should be accepted, is it not also natural that people lie and so they, too, should be accepted? Children don't need to be taught how to lie; it appears to be natural to them. Should we then say that because the behavior of lying is natural to people, there should be special privileges for them and accept their behavior in society because that's just the way they're born and that is their truth-orientation?
- Freedom like anyone else
- They are already free to marry a person of the opposite sex--the same as anyone else.
- They can still get married and express love, own businesses, own property, have sexual relations, received an inheritance, etc.
- For homosexuals to advocate redefining marriage so it can include a union between a man and man and a woman and a woman and to have it protected legally is to want special rights for them due to their behavior. If behaviors are granted legal protection, then what about the behaviors of pedophilia, jump roping, and scuba diving? Should those behaviors also be given political protection?
- Yes, they are free to love, hate, work, eat, etc. But they want marriage redefined to suit their behavior of same sex intercourse.
- Freedom requires responsibility.
- People are not free to rob banks, to murder, to steal, etc.
- Simply saying they aren't free to marry who they want to isn't a good enough objection because . . .
- A person is not free to marry another person who is already married.
- A brother and sister are not free to marry each other.
- A pedophiliac and his younger "partner" are not free to marry each other even if the younger person, say a 13-year old, wants to marry the older person.
- A person is not free to marry an animal.
- A person is not free to marry another person against that person's will.
- If freedom to marry whomever you want to is the litmus test for marriage, then marriage will become meaningless as people redefine it to include those already married, siblings, children, animals, etc., as long as "love" is the defining characteristic.
- If we allow and promote homosexual marriage, then shouldn't we also allow and promote polygamy, polyandry, brothers and sisters getting married, pedophiliacs marrying children, and adults marrying animals? If not, why not?
- Is homosexuality harmful to society? The statistics say yes. Why then is it protected and promoted by government? 28% of homosexual men had more than 1000 partners, 43% more than 500, 83% more than 50. 79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers, (Bell and Weinberg p 308-309. (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php). In 2008, over 1.1 million in U.S. were infected with HIV (cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposure). 19% of MSM [men sex with men] are infected with HIV; 44% unaware they are infected, (Center for Disease Control, cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm). Worldwide, 1% infected with HIV: "Worldwide, approximately one in every 100 adults aged 15 to 49 is HIV-infected," (The Body, thebody.com/content/art6580.html). MSM is 4% of population yet has HIV 44 time the rate of other men, (cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf)
- Homosexuals say they should be able to marry who they love. But why is this true? What if a person wants to marry someone who is already married or is a child? Should that person be allowed to marry someone because it is an issue of love? Of course not. Love is not the measure of marriage validity. There are other issues, so to say that homosexuals should be able to marry whoever they love is a misrepresentation of the issue.
- Is it okay for the schools to teach the children that homosexuality is just another acceptable lifestyle when their own parents disagree? If so, what gives the homosexuals the right to contradict the moral values of the parents and have that taught to the children against the desires of the parents? Doesn't that undermine the moral position of the parents and is that right to do? If you say it is not a moral issue, then you are saying sexual behavior is not a moral issue and, therefore, adultery, pedophilia, bestiality, etc., would not be moral issues either.
- Can you please offer a definition of what marriage should be?
- Rights, Civil
- Civil Rights
- Homosexuals already have the same civil rights and restrictions as everyone else. They are able to hold jobs, marry people of the opposite sex, use the same bathrooms as anyone else, vote, etc. But, marriage is not a civil right. It is a privilege the same as the behavior of driving a car is a privilege, not a right.
- Homosexuals are using the civil rights movement to force their moral agenda on the rest of society . . . a moral agenda based on sexual behavior.
- Unalienable rights are given by God, according to the Declaration of Independence in the U.S.A.
- "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
- These rights are irrespective of skin color, gender, age, etc. They are not based on behavior. If they were, then parachutists should get special rights, along with Jump Ropers, Race Car Drivers, and Skate Boarders because of their behaviors.
- What is to prevent pedophiliacs from wanting their sexual behavior protected by "civil rights" laws? What about necrophiliacs, and those who practice bestiality? They also are defined by their sexual behavior. Should they also be protected legally? If not, why not?
- Civil Rights
- Rights, special rights based on a behavior
- Homosexuals have the same rights under the law as do all people in America. The same laws apply to everyone equally. Laws often have restrictions. Behaviors are not civil rights. Stretching every day is not a civil right, nor is going to the gym, walking, going to the bathroom, etc. The sexual behavior of homosexuals is not a civil right. It is a behavior and the homosexuals are hiding under "civil rights" in order to change the meaning of marriage and force society into accepting it as normal.
- To marry the same sex is to request special treatment by having special laws passed that politically approve of a particular sexual behavior (homosexual behavior) and redefine what marriage is (to include homosexual marriage). This is, by definition, special rights.
- You have the same right as everybody else. You have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex just like us. But the homosexual community wants to change the definition of marriage and its related definition of sexual propriety so that it agrees with your own desires and your own behavior. Please tell me how that is not a special right that you want for yourself?
- Marriage has been defined for millennia as being between a man and a woman. Every society that I know of has defined it as between a man and a woman. So the homosexuals have now gained enough political power and social momentum to reconstruct the social and political norm to suit their preferences. They excuse their sexual preferences under the mask of "equal rights". But it isn't equal rights. It's special rights because they want the definition of marriage redefined for their special, particular preferences.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.