This dictionary of false terms is designed to help you see how groups like the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Christian Scientists, etc., define theological words. By knowing their definitions, you will be better able to dialogue with them. Included in the entries is the correct definition as is signified by "BIBLE: (Correct):".
- BIBLE (Correct) = Biblically correct, Christian definition
- CS = Christian Science
- ISLAM = ISLAM
- JW = Jehovah’s Witnesses
- LDS = The Mormons, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- RC = Roman Catholic
If you have a suggestion on word(s), please contact us at http://www.carm.org/submit-feedback
- Christian Science
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy
- No and Yes
- Rudimental Divine Science
- Unity of Good
- Hadith - The deeds and sayings of Muhammad. Not inspired, but very important.
- Quran - In Islam it is the inspired holy book.
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Watchtower Research DVD
- Articles of Faith, by James Talmage
- Doctrine and Covenants
- Pearl of Great Price
- In Their Own words, A Collection of Mormon Qutations, by Bill McKeever (mrm.org)
- Roman Catholicism
- Catechism of the Catholic Church