- The Word of God is inspired: "All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness," (2 Tim. 3:16).
- The Word of God is truth: "all thy commandments are truth," (Psalm 119:151).
- Jesus makes free: " . . . If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," (John 8:32).
- The Word of God produces faith: "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ," (Rom. 10:17).
- The Word of God judges: "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart," (Heb. 4:12).
Jesus is the Word of God made flesh (John 1:1, 14).