What are the doctrines of Islam?
Note: All references are to the Quran (Koran) where applicable.
- There is only one God (5:73; 112:1-4).
- God is called Allah by Muslims (5:73)
- Allah sees all things (40:20), is present everywhere (2:115; 7:7).
- Allah is the sole creator and sustainer of the universe (3:191).
- Allah is not a Trinity, but is one (5:73).
- Allah is all-knowing (2:268; 10:61) and all-powerful (6:61-62).
- Allah created the heaven and earth (2:29; 6:1, 73; 25:61-62; 36:81; 46:33).
Salvation and Judgment
- Allah will judge all people on the day of judgment (3:30; 35:33-37; 99:6-8).
- If your good deeds exceed your bad deeds, and you believe in Allah, and sincerely repent of sins, you may go to heaven (3:135; 7:8-9; 21:47; 49:14; 66:8-9).
- There is an eternal hell for those who are not Muslims, not practicing Islam, and not of the truth faith (3:77).
- Hell is a place of unlimited capacity (50:30) eternal torment (2:39; 14:17; 25:65; 39:26), fire (9:63; 11:16; 25:11-12; 104:6-7), with boiling water (38:55-58; 55:43-44), where skin is burned and renewed (4:56), for unbelievers (3:13; 19:49) and Jinn (11:119), with faces covered with fire (14:49-50).
- There is a tree in hell, named Tree of Zaqqum, from which bad fruit is given and the damned are forced to eat (37:62-67; 44:43-48; 56:52-55).
- Heaven (Paradise), a Garden (79:41) of bliss and fruit (69:21-24), has rivers (3:198), with maidens pure and holy (4:57), and carpets and cushions, (88:8-16).
- There will be a physical resurrection of all people (19:93-95) on the day of judgment (3:77; 15:25; 16:38; 42:29).
- Judgment is based on a person's sincere repentance (66:8-9) and righteous deeds (5:9; 24:26; 45:21-22; 64:7).
- There is an afterlife (2:154;75:12).
- There are such things as angels, created by Allah, that are created from light. Angels are obedient slaves incapable of refusing to do Allahï's will. The angel Gabriel brought the revelation of the Koran to Muhammad (2:97).
- The Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel (2:97; 16:102).
- There is no actual verse where the Holy Spirit is said to be Gabriel or is identified as Gabriel. These verses show that both the Holy Spirit and Gabriel brought down the revelation.
- Jinn are unseen beings, created (51:56) from fire (15:27; 55:15), but are not angels. They have communities. There are good and bad Jinn.
- The Devil, called Iblis, (2:34) is a bad Jinn.
- Jesus was a great prophet but not the son of God (9:30), is not divine (5:17, 75), was not crucified (4:157).
- Muhammad is Allah's greatest and last prophet and his message supercedes all other past prophets including Jesus.
- The Koran is Allah's word. He literally spoke it to Gabriel who gave it to Muhammad.
- There are other holy writings but they are superceded by the Koran.
- The other works are
- Torah - the First Five books of Moses
- Injeel - the message that Jesus gave, written down, but no longer exists. The writings have been altered by scholars. Whatever agrees with the Koran is true.
- Zaboor - the Psalms1
- The other works are
- Pre-ordainment (Qadar) is the teaching that all things, good and bad, are preordained to occur.
- Fasting is to be observed during the month of Ramadan (2:185).
- Drinking alcohol is forbidden (2:219; 4;43; 5:93-94; 16:67)
- Gambling is forbidden (2:219; 5:90-94).
- Man is made from the dust of the earth (23:12).
- There is no last minute repentance (4:18).
- 1. Many Muslims also believe that the Torah and Zeboor have been corrupted too.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
- What are the doctrines of Islam?
- The Five Pillars of Islam
- The Qur'an
- Methods Muslims use to attack Christianity.
- Does Islam teach salvation by works?
- Questions for Muslims
- Who has performed the greatest act of love, Yahweh or Allah?
- Jihad: holy struggle or holy war?
- How holy is the God of Islam?
- How just is the God of Islam?
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.