Evangelical Board Statement of Faith
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place where evangelicals may discuss issues of theology, discipleship, evangelism amongst themselves without the nearly constant interruption from critics that occurs throughout the other forums on CARM. Access to the board is granted only after you affirm the following statement of faith and email Diane Sellner, whose email address is at the end of this page. Or you may select settings when you login to forums and open group membership, requesting admission. After that, when you log in next time (or after she gives you access), you will then see the Evangelical Forum in the Conferences menu.
We hope that the wording of the points comprising the statement of faith are firm enough that persons from a different religion or faith than evangelical Christianity cannot affirm them, yet loose enough so that all evangelicals from throughout the Body of Christ may participate in the Evangelical Forum.
In order to qualify for being able to post on the Evangelical Board, you must agree to the following statement of faith. If you do, at the end of the statement is an email address where you can request access to the board.
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- That there is but one true God in all existence, in all places, and in all time, who is the Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons. God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is presently true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That Jesus will return bodily to this world to fulfill His ministry and calling as God and Lord.
- That the Holy Spirit, like the Father and the Son, has a will, can grieve, love, hate, and is worthy of all worship and honor.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to convict men, regenerate the sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost; and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation for all people. This justification and salvation is obtained by grace through faith alone for all who believe; and only such as receive Jesus Christ, by faith, are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- That water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation or necessary for salvation.
- That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment which will not end.
- That the Lord and God possesses an exhaustive foreknowledge of all things potential as well as actual and that there is nothing God does not know.
- That abortion, homosexuality is sin, as are adultery, pedophilia and bestiality.
If you agree to this statement of faith and want to participate in the forum, then please contact Diane Sellner at the email address below or in group membership request in profile settings. She is the administrator of the Evangelical Board and will grant you posting privileges for that board.
Two more points
First, Jesus said that the world will know that we are HIS disciples by the love we have for one another (John 13:35). This board should be a place where this is demonstrated. Whose disciple are you? You demonstrate who or what you, follow since out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matt. 12:34). And finally, in matters outside of the essential doctrines, it is better to show love and grace than proclaim how right you are.
Second, this board is not for debate. It is for discussion. This is supposed to be a board for friendly, uplifting discussion. Take the debates off of this board and to where debates are to be permitted on the Apologetics and General Theology forums within the rules of CARM.
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others," (Phil. 2:3-4).
From time to time disagreements among the participants may arise. This is to be expected, but I hope that as Christians, even in disagreement, our manner, tone, and language truly reflects the image of Jesus Christ towards others and that those involved are able to conduct themselves without manifesting a stubborn spirit of pride or the harsh spirit of legalism.
- You first need to register and get an account
- Then email Diane Sellner and tell her what your username is.
- Or use the group membership request in your profile settings.
- Tell Diane that you affirm the statement of faith above.
- Diane will then grant access to you.
- From time to time, expert advice may be needed to address questions about the Bible, practice, or general theology. Try using CARM as a resource for this. If it does not, then questions would be well answered by Pastor John Stevenson on our Bible Study Forum.
- Questions regarding CARM's position or policy on any issue should be directed towards the Administrator Diane Sellner, who will discuss the issues with Matt Slick.
- Direct your requests to Diane ([email protected]) and give her a day or two to respond.
- Make certain that you include your user name in your request, email Diane Sellner at [email protected]
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.