A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Bible (Correct): Being born again was spoken of by Jesus in John 3:3-10. Literally, the Greek says “born from above” and it is the regeneration that occurs when a person becomes a Christian, is made a new creature (2 Cor. 5:17), is no longer dead in his sins (Eph. 2:1), and no longer spiritually blind (1 Cor. 2:14).
- CS: Being born again is a kind of spiritual transformation when a person is healed and/or delivered from an ailment or bad habit through the knowledge of Christian Science principles.
- JW: Only the 144,000 (anointed ones) are born again and will reign with Christ in heaven.
- LDS: In Mormonism, being born again is not a change of state from unregenerate to regenerate. It is a ceremony which is a necessary part of the LDS religious system by which a Mormon becomes a “true Christian.”
- “Being born again, comes by the Spirit of God through ordinances” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 162).
- “No one can be born again without baptism . . . " (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 101).
- RC: In Catholicism being born again is the transformation that occurs when a person is water baptized and all his sins are then removed and God’s grace is infused into the person. He is then in a state of sanctifying grace until he commits sufficient sin to have fallen from his “baptismal grace” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, par. 1446) and is no longer born again.