On Sunday, June 26th, the Interfaith Alliance group is promoting a "Faith Shared" event where the Quran will be read in Christian Churches. This is what it says:
"Interfaith Alliance and Human Rights First offer the Faith Shared event as a way to engage faith leaders on the national and community levels in interfaith events intended to highlight respect among people of different faiths. Through photos, video clips and print coverage distributed around the world, we are looking to display visual images that reflect the mutual respect that is shared by so many Muslims, Christians, Jews and other Americans, standing together as a strong counterpoint to the negative images that have dominated the domestic and international news...Faith Shared asks houses of worship across the country to organize events involving clergy reading from each other’s sacred texts. An example would be a Christian Minister, Jewish Rabbi and Muslim Imam participating in a worship service or other event." (http://www.faithshared.org/index.html)
Want to join us?
So, in light of the effort to promote education and information about other religions, CARM has produced the following tract for distribution at those churches that want to participate. We figure if they want to promote education and reduce bigotry, a well informed congregation should be the goal. That is why we have produced a double sided Microsoft Word document that is free to download, print up, and distribute in front of churches who are participating in the Faith Shared event. If you want to see if a church near you is participating so that you can help become educated by distributing this tract, then go to http://www.faithshared.org/index.html. On the right side of the page is a scrolling box with participating churches.
Following is the text of the Word Document so you can check it out before downloading.
To download the free tract that is free to print up and distribute, click on
OPPOSING BIGOTRY TOWARDS ISLAM
The Interfaith Alliance is promoting a “Faith Shared” project. We applaud its efforts to teach tolerance and oppose bigotry by increasing awareness and education of different religions. In an attempt to further that goal, we are providing additional information about Islam. Here are quotes from the Quran.
- Battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak" (Quran 4:76). Also, "O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand" (Quran 8:65). Also, "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination" (Quran 9:73). And, "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)" (Quran 9:123). Even more references can be found in the Quran at 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 9:5; 33:60-62.
- Don't take Jews and Christians as friends: "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people" (Quran 5:51).
- A Man’s Seed Comes From His Chest: "Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted-Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs" (Quran 86:5-7).
- Salvation by works: "And He answers those who believe and do good deeds, and gives them more out of His grace; and (as for) the unbelievers, they shall have a severe punishment," (Quran 42:26). Also, "Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy, they will be successful. But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls; in hell will they abide," (23:102-103).
The Hadith is a collection of the deeds and sayings of Muhammad and is held in very high regard by Muslims. It helps inform them about Muhammad and how to be like him.
- Lying is okay when furthering Islam. "Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, 'O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him [Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf]?' The Prophet said, 'Yes,' Muhammad bin Maslama said, 'Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab).' The Prophet said, 'You may say it'" (Hadith Vol. 5, Book 59, #369).
- Participate in Jihad: Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next (in goodness)? He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause." (Hadith Vol. 1, Book 2, Number 25).
- Kill the Muslim who leaves Islam: "...for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him'" (Hadith Vol. 4, Book 52, #260).
We hope this information informs you about Islam. And, since Islam has so many women in it, you might be interested in the following.
- The Quran says it is okay to beat wives: "As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them, refuse to share their beds, beat them..." (Quran 4:34).
- Muhammad said that women are deficient in intelligence: "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you.” (Hadith Vol. 1, Book 6, #301).
Remember, our motivation is to inform you of what Islam teaches so you might better understand its intentions and teachings. After all, knowledge helps remove bigotry and intolerance. We need to promote love, not violence and intolerance. That is why we are sure you will agree with Jesus, who said,
- “…love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” (Matt. 5:44).
- “…love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,” (Luke 6:27).
Jesus never promoted violence or lying. He never promoted refusing to take people as friends who aren’t of the same religion. He never degraded women. But, all these things are done and promoted by Islam. So, in this culture of tolerance and understanding, we hope this information has been helpful. We also hope that those who claim to be Christians will look to God’s word for guidance and follow Jesus, lest they inadvertently promote that which is contrary to God’s word and lead many astray. That is why the Bible says,
- “Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14).
Question: Is it proper to promote the words of the Quran on a Christian pulpit in an attempt to teach tolerance when the Quran clearly contradicts God’s word about salvation and teaches violence against non-Muslims as well as the beating of wives? Is this what should be done? Is this really what tolerance means? Or, is the Christian pulpit the place where the truth of God’s word, God’s love, and God’s forgiveness in Jesus should be promoted? Isn’t the pulpit the place where Christian ministers beckon the lost to acknowledge their sin before God and realize that they will face God’s judgment without Christ? Shouldn’t they be urged to turn from their sin, look to Jesus, receive him as Savior and Lord, and accept him as the only way to God (John 14:6) and the only way to salvation (Acts 4:12)? Shouldn’t they be informed that it is not sincerity and tolerance that earns favor with God, but only the work of God the Son (John 1:1,14) who died on the cross (1 Cor. 15:1-3)?
“…what fellowship has light with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14).
Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but
through Me,” (John 14:6).