No, Michael the Archangel is not really Jesus. The non-Christian cult known as the Jehovah's Witnesses teaches that they are the same. The Seventh Day Adventists teach the same; but Michael the Archangel is just that--an Archangel, and Jesus is not a created angel.
There are three archangels named in the Bible: Michael (the warrior Angel), Gabriel (the messenger Angel), and Lucifer (who became the devil).
Michael the Archangel is mentioned in different passages.
- Daniel 10:13, "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia."
- Daniel 10:21, "However, I will tell you what is inscribed in the writing of truth. Yet there is no one who stands firmly with me against these forces except Michael your prince."
- Daniel 12:1, "Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued."
- Jude 9, "But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you."
- Rev. 12:7, "And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war."
Perhaps the best proof text to demonstrate that Michael the Archangel and Jesus are not the same person is found in Jude 9. The Lord Jesus would not have to call on the name of anyone else in order to rebuke the devil because the Lord Jesus is God in flesh. However, we see that Michael the Archangel said, "The Lord rebuke you," thereby demonstrating that he is not the Lord.