The Miracles of Jesus
by Matt Slick
Jesus is the most important and significant person in all of human history. He was a remarkable man, incredibly kind, very insightful, and taught on love and forgiveness on such a level as to make all other teachers pale by comparison.
In Christianity, Jesus is the creator (John 1:1-3,14; Col. 1:16-17), God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9), the Lord to whom we call (1 Cor. 1:2), the one who bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), and the one who enables all who call upon His name (Rom. 10:13) to be saved by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9).
Following is a partial list of the miracles of Jesus. It is these miracles that attest to who Jesus is because His remarkable deeds confirm His incredible claim to be God in flesh, the only way to salvation.
- Jesus was born of a virgin (Matt. 1:25).
- Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:6-10).
- Jesus caused the disciples to catch a large load of fish (Luke 5:4-6).
- Jesus cast out demons (Matt. 8:28-32; 15:22-28).
- Jesus healed lepers (Matt. 8:3; Luke 17:14).
- Jesus healed diseases (Matt. 4:23,24; Luke 6:17-19).
- Jesus healed the paralytic (Mark 2:3-12).
- Jesus raised the dead (Matt. 9:25; John 11:43-44).
- Jesus restored sight to the blind (Matt. 9:27-30; John 9:1-7).
- Jesus restored cured deafness (Mark 7:32-35).
- Jesus fed the multitude (Matt. 14:15-21; Matt. 15:32-38).
- Jesus walked on water (Matt. 14:25-33).
- Jesus healed the sick (Matt. 8:5-13; 9:22).
- Jesus forgave sins (Mark 2:5).
- Jesus calmed a storm with a command (Matt. 8:22-27; Mark 4:39).
- Jesus was transfigured (Matt. 17:1-8).
- Jesus was killed on a cross (Luke 24:20).
- Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:39; John 20:27).
- Jesus appeared to disciples after resurrection (John 20:19).
- Jesus ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9).
- Jesus claimed to be God (John 5:18; 8:24; 8:58 -- see Exodus 3:14).
- Jesus said that He alone was the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
This article is also available in: Español
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
- Take a Christian Doctrine Test
- Answers to the Christian Doctrine Test
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Essential Doctrines of Christianity
- Doctrine Grid
- What is the Trinity?
- Response to criticism of "What is the Trinity?"
- The Trinity Chart
- Another Look at The Trinity
- Jesus' Two Natures: God and Man
- Jesus is God
- Jesus is a man
- 100 Truths about Jesus
Help CARM by Liking It!
Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.