Baked Ham Ingredients:
- One ham
- Brown sugar
- Whole cloves
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- Score ham and pack with brown sugar.
- Place cloves in corners.
- Pour ginger ale over all.
- Cook until done.
- Baste with juices.
Submitted by: Barbara Comments: Barb did not specify cooking times, but the rule of thumb is 40-50 minutes per kilo of ham (20-25 minutes per pounds) at 375F (190C) plus 20 minutes. Pastales
- Bunch of very green large plantains (the kind of banana that doesn't ripen)
- 1 Potato and large yucca root large, diced
- Achiote oil
- 3-5 pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- Ti or banana leaves
- Peel and grate bananas and potato (or process in food processor). Add achiote oil, a little at a time, to the grated bananas and potato until pale orange and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Filling: Cut the pork into tiny pieces. Sauté in a pan; drain fat. In another saucepan, heat some achiote oil and sauté green pepper, garlic, and onion for a few minutes. Add seasonings, tomato paste, cilantro, olives, and the pork. Cook until pork bits are very tender. Cool.
- Prepare leaves: Wash leaves and remove center rib from ti leaves; if using banana leaves, cut into 10-inch pieces. Soften leaves by pouring boiling water on them or heat in microwave to make them soft and pliable.
- To assemble: moisten leaves with gravy from the stew mixture. Place a large spoonful of the banana mixture on the leaf; spread out into a rectangular shape. Place about 2 tablespoon of the drained meat on one side. Fold the leaf over, tuck ends in to form a neat package. Tie with string to hold folded ends together. Steam them for one hour and serve hot. Submitted by: Ceecee *************************
Parma Ham Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 medium onions, sliced very thin
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese. (Not prepackaged! Buy a block and grate it.)
- 1/2 cup of fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil, whatever, just not cilantro)
- 8 ounces of Parma ham sliced thin, then cut into 1squares
- Lay the sheet of pastry on baking paper in a baking tray.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and brush or spray with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Pop in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the onions in more olive oil until just clear and set aside.
- Once the pastry is chilled, spread the onions over it in an even layer then add half the herbs.
- Put the chopped Parma ham in a layer next and add the balance of the herbs.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and add a good amount of fresh ground pepper. Do not add salt at any point! The ham and cheese are salty enough.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Cut into rectangles or squares as finger food or larger squares as an entrée.
- Cut pastry circles and make tartlets.
- Add a beaten egg to the onions and place in a flan tray as opposed to a flat sheet.
- If you are so inclined, you could add some anchovies.
- Caveat: I have tried to make this with mild cured hams and softer cheese, such as cheddar. Not very good! This is a robust dish with a lot of flavor.
Comments: This recipe was acquired from a restaurant in Sydney Called You and Me, now sadly defunct. Original Chef/ Owner Jenny Ferguson. Submitted by: Bandecoot
Mennonite Hearty Pork Stew Ingredients:
- 1½ pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (13 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ cup cubed zucchini or summer squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- Mix all ingredients except flour and margarine into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours (cook 3 to 4 hours on high setting), or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Mix flour with softened butter or margarine and gently stir 1 spoonful at a time into the pork mixture until well blended.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Submitted by: Saved
Breakfast Ham and Egg Casserole Ingredients:
- Softened butter or margarine
- 14 to 15 slices of bread
- 3 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Spread butter on both sides of bread slices; cut bread into small cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, ham, cheese, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Beat eggs until foamy; stir in milk.
- Add egg mixture to ham mixture, stirring well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch pan; cover and refrigerate overnight
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for one hour.
Submitted by: Bandecoot
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.