- We released the CARM website in the new format on 2/9/09. It took Ryan and I about three months to get it ready for release. I hope you enjoy the new functionality and look (with a lot more to come). In the meantime, please excuse the various broken links and things that we have to fix. We expected this and are working hard to get things perfected as quickly as possible.
- I am working very hard to get the new shopping cart ready. We are developing one in Magento. It is quite an undertaking. If there's anyone out there who knows how to use it and set it up and wouldn't mind helping out a bit, please let us know because I could use the help. Just contact us at [email protected].
- Lately, I've been having battles with atheists. I've been using the transcendental argument for God's existence on the radio, on YouTube, and on atheist programs. Let's just say that atheists are quite upset about the argument, have a great deal of difficulty refuting it, and are now basically ganging up on me as they try to deal with it. I think it's interesting that so many atheists are coming out of the woodwork in their attacks upon God, myself, and the CARM ministry. Please pray for my continued stamina in this area and ability to deal with their attacks.
- A woman named Shelley is interested in possibly working with CARM in the area of women's ministries. She will be flying out here in early April to spend a week with us to check us out. She has a bachelors in religious studies and has a burden for reaching women in the church. Praise God. More on that later.
- We are still in the negotiation stages of arranging a debate between myself and a Mr. Shook, a member of the secular humanist Society. We are supposed to debate the topic "Which is a superior ethical system, Christianity or secular humanism?" The way it stands now, we are trying to get a debate arranged at UCLA and possibly another at the University of California Irvine for late April, 2009. I'll let you know what happens when things are finalized.
- We are still developing the Spanish version of CARM, headquartered in Colombia. That'll take another couple of months to get going.
- We are in the early stages of talking translators about converting CARM into Chinese, French, and Portuguese. It is a long process but we're working on it. Please pray that we can get each site going smoothly, with people in different countries who would head up CARM headquarters internationally. If you are interested in helping CARM with its translation efforts, please contact Ryan at [email protected].
Publisher I've finished the book The Garden and am looking for a publisher. Anyone have any suggestions? I need to find an agent, learn how to submit manuscripts, etc. But it is all on hold because of how busy I am with the CARM website. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. The book is meant to be an evangelism novel, full of suspense, good guys, bad guys, angels, demons, etc. When you're done reading it, you know basic Christian theology, what is needed for salvation, etc. People who've read it said it is good. Praise God.
Quote from the book: "While in his garden Mark, an unbeliever who is grieving over the unexplained death of his son, is manipulated by a demon and almost commits suicide. Sotare, an angel, rescues Mark at the last moment and is permitted to appear to him and dialogue with him on the purpose of life, God, the nature of evil, and God’s sovereignty. The demons are watching and they want Mark dead. Under Sotare’s guidance, Mark is given visions of the demonic realm and ancient spiritual history. The battle over Mark unfolds in both the spiritual and physical worlds and the reader sees the demons and angels war over his soul."
Since the launch of the new CARM.org website, it is now easier for us to have volunteers help us. As of right now, CARM has four proofreaders who are editing the website. We also have a couple individuals who are helping CARM get the online schools into PowerPoint. We hope this PowerPoint functionality will enable pastors, Sunday school teachers, youth leaders, etc. to better equip the body of Christ.
Anyhow, after spending these past few months working on the CARM site, it is truly amazing how much information is on CARM. It took me about a whole week just to manually fix all of the footnotes on the new CARM website. And, yes, we have a lot more fixes that need to be done. Please be patient with us as we fix all of these bugs.
Matt and I do hope to get back into the "swing of things" in the next few weeks. We want to begin writing more articles for the website again, producing more YouTube videos, etc.
Matt already mentioned many of the various projects that we have been working on. I am extremely thankful for all of the volunteers out there who have offered help with proofreading the website, making PowerPoint presentations, and translating the website. It is truly a blessing to know the body of Christ is out there and cares.
As mentioned above and below, if you are interested in helping CARM in the areas of Proofreading, PowerPoint production, Magento, or translating CARM into various languages, please contact Ryan at [email protected].
- The DVD debates between Matt Slick and Roger Perkins (Oneness believer) are now available. If you are interested in them, then go to http://shop.carm.org/shop/?shop=1&cat=35&cart=2496360.
- The DVD's for the Pensacola debate that I had with an atheist in April are here. If you are interested in getting the video DVD's, then go to http://shop.carm.org/shop/?shop=1&cat=35&. We will provide the MP3 (audio format) for download later.
Please Support CARM If you like what CARM does and want to support it, we have some options. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Logos Bible Software Would you like to support CARM but also get the best Bible research program out there? If you're serious about studying the Bible and want what is, in my opinion, the best Bible program available, then get Logos Bible Software.
- You win because Logos will give you 25% off if you go through CARM. Just click here: http://www.logos.com/carm.
- CARM wins, because Logos will donate a portion of every sale back to CARM.
- Logos wins, by spreading the Word, making more sales, and getting more people into better Bible study.
By the way, I've used various free software programs. They work, but none of them approach the quality and depth offered by logos.
- Staff: How would you like to work in the ministry where the rewards are small, the challenges are huge, you get ridiculed, there's spiritual attack, sometimes you don't know if you are going to make it financially, you have to support yourself, and you have to research and write about false systems and compare them with Scripture?
If that sounds appealing, then maybe you might be interested in working with CARM.
You can be male or female. You have to agree to the CARM statement of faith, and I prefer (though it is not necessary) people who are educated and/or experienced in their field of expertise. But I must reiterate; this is not an easy ministry. It is time-consuming, often unrewarding, frustrating, etc. But, there are rewards. You get to know that what you produce will affect thousands of people for years to come. This ministry is a challenge and it is not for the fainthearted. Interested? If so, contact Matt at [email protected].
- Volunteer-PowerPoint: People to convert various CARM articles into PowerPoint Presentations.
- Volunteer-Proofreaders: With the new format we can now give proofreaders the ability to edit the site live. Are you great at grammar and punctuation and want to help? Let us know.
- Volunteer-Translators: Are you fluent in a second language? Would you like to help a ministry that is reaching millions of people per year? If so, please contact us at [email protected].
Love and Hate Mail
- Hate Mail
- Its so funny how you denounce one ridiculous claim and then insert another. I hope when you pray to God he answers back, because for everyone else, there’s no one home… Greg
- I must tell you that your site is a disgrace. You have the proper symbol in the upper left hand corner. I believe you are an idiot and guilty of character assignation. Wonder what the penalty is for that eh?
- Mr. Slick, Your material on denying the clear teaching of the scriptures on water baptism as being a necessary requisite for salvation requires a man with a name like "slick. Water baptism, no more than belief, repentance or confession adds a thing to the work of Christ. But they are all required to say THANK YOU to Jesus for what He has done (Jn.17:4; Heb. 5:8-9). Your theology is like the sign over the German iron worker's shop that says "All sorts of twisting and turning done here." Your premises and ramblings on baptism are weak, false and pitiful. May God help you to see the truth on ALL subjects that He has authored. Peter
- Love Mail
- ...Well, it just goes to show that the Internet and the word of God can reach practically anywhere, and I am glad that CARM has been making use of this medium to bring light into the darkness. I am very grateful for your ministry because 2 years ago, sometime in March 2007, CARM along with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, led me to know my Savior and Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ.... Allen
- I had a friend whose child was going to be baptized into the Mormon church. I talked to her a little bit, told her about exaltation and how the Mormon God and Christian God were not the same, and I directed them to you site. After reading, she said that she believes that there is just one God and is looking for another church. Thank you so much. God was able to use me because you did His will in putting up this site. Praise God, and thank you for helping me keep someone out of a cult. Mike
- Hi, I am writing to thank you for the wonderful work you are doing. I have only recently given my life to Jesus and it was through your website that I found and utilized answers to the very questions I hadn't even realized I was asking. I was approached by Jehovah's Witnesses and offered a free home bible study. It was when they started talking that I realized how different their approach was to what I thought a Bible study should be - the Bible was a secondary resource never referred to unless it was specified in their "What does the Bible Really Teach?" publication. I then began some study of my own and happened upon your website. It was and still is the answer to my prayers! A site that enables me to study and reshape my life, while actively encouraging researching for yourself - something that the Witnesses never encouraged, even questions were thoroughly disapproved of - unless they were about the Watchtower or Bible Teach publications.
Thank you for providing such a place so that people like myself have the opportunity to become true Christians. Worshipping the true Jesus. God Bless, Patricia
- Hi, I just wanted to thank you for having such an awesome website. I was recently a Satanist and didn't see the need for God and wanted to be my own God. I should have realized that's what got Satan booted out of heaven. But I checked out your website and realized that God does really exist. Thank you. Thanks again. God bless, T.J.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.