Welcome to the Feb. 15, 2006 Newsletter
Full Time Status!
Finally, by God's Grace and through the support of Christians, I am now able to go full-time in CARM. My wife and I have agreed and I will quit my part-time job on the last Friday of this month. We will trust God to provide through the body of Christ for our financial needs from then on.
For all of you who have prayed regarding this, I thank you very much. It has taken 10 years to get here and with God's leading, I hope to accomplish much more on a full-time status.
The new discussion boards are doing very well with about 45 signups a day. They are located at http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php, and they have a LOT of new features that are really great. If you like to interact with those who oppose God's truth, then this is a place for you.
Last month in this newsletter I recommended the book Answers to Prayer, by George Mueller. You can find it at Amazon or Christianbook.com. Please get this book. CARM is NOT getting any commission on this. I strongly recommend that you read. It has been one of the most influential books that I've ever read. The book is not a how-to about prayer. Rather, it is an account from Muller's record over many years of how God provided the daily needs for himself as well as the hundreds of orphans that he took care of. The book is very inspiring and I honestly and sincerely recommend that you read through it carefully and apply the principles that this godly man did as he trusted God. It doesn't cost very much, less than $8. After you read it, let me know what you think. God bless.
Goals for CARM
To bring Glory to God. To equip Christians. To lead the unsaved to Christ.
One of the plans I have is to develop Power Point presentations of biblical topics with voice, embedded graphics, embedded videos, etc., and convert them to flash movies and distribute them for free over the internet. Please pray about this. It will be a large undertaking, but well worth the effort.
Just a reminder. CARM has two online schools that you can sign up for. One is on theology and it is the most popular and the second one is on apologetics. Each school costs $50 (which is used to run CARM, expenses, etc.) and has about 90 lessons in each. So, if you are interested in both supporting CARM and getting some bang for your buck, check them out. The are located at http://www.carm.org/online.htm
What are they saying about CARM?
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise for the information and research that is available. Here are a few e-mails...in the raw.
- Love mail:
- I must tell you how excited I am to have located CARM. Incredible! All the right questions and straightforward answers - straight from God’s word. I love the links to verses in every explain. I love the search engine. Awesome! I am hooked. I could remain learning on this site for the rest of my time on this earth. But, most importantly, CARM is growing me and equipping me. I am growing in my theology. I am growing so that I am confident to speak to others. I love the layout, design and web site performance. You guys really are doing your work with excellence. Thanks for every late hour investing in what is surely impacting many lives, including mine. Jay
- Thanks so much for your website. I have used it many times in the past and right now I am going through "A Case For Christ" with some of our High School students and am using a lot of your material with it. Pat
- Hi to the wonderful people of CARM! I would just like to say thank you to this very valuable resource. It has helped me a lot in reaching out in the Internet so that others may know Christ. Ben
- Prayers to you my friends. My pastor just turned me on to your site. I'm challenged on how to speak the truth to my Mormon aunt and uncle. Your site looks great & will help me. Like they say in the tv show X-Files: "the truth is out there" ... and I think your site is "there".! Rob
- Hate mail:
- Your web site is false and rather than teaching truths about other Churches you teach wrong doctrines. Research all before you place twisted facts on the web site. I can't believe that a Christian people would pull other Churches down to say they are correct and others are wrong. Be careful about what you say is truth when it is not. Caleb
- You are so worried about other people’s religion and opinion. Worry about yourselves and your salvation and this is for sure far sufficient considering the state of your own soul. Best regards. Susana
- I won't argue, you need prayer and perhaps psychiatric help. John
What do you think of CARM? Why don't you let me know at [email protected]?
CARM has a Chat Room - The CARM chat room is a success and we have had as many as 20 people in it at a time who come from all over. So, if you are interested in chatting with me or others, then check it out. It's located here http://www.carm.org/boards/chat.htm.
Prayer Ministry - CARM does have a prayer Ministry. If you are interested in joining us as we pray for others' needs, or if you have needs that you need prayer for, please go to http://www.carm.org/prayer.htm and sign up.
Live Radio Show! - Live radio show that began on Monday, Jan. 2, 2006. The show is called "Faith and Reason with Matt Slick." I am on for one hour, five days a week, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). It's a live call-in show where people can ask all kinds of questions dealing with Christianity, the Bible, cults, etc. You can call in to the number is 208-377-3790. You can listen to old programs here: http://www.live365.com/stations/matt_slick) and live via the Internet connection at www.myfamilyradio.com on the AM station.
|Radio Show Times
Monday through Friday
Phone # is 208-377-3790
- Weekly Teaching Time on Paltalk - Every Thursday evening I host a live discussion room on paltalk.com. Paltalk is a free voice chat system that is quite good. Paltalk is full of Christians as well as non-Christians and the battles over truth are frequent. It is however, a good place to learn how to defend your faith. If any of you are interested and would like to check it out, please join us for our weekly discussion by going to paltalk, download the program, and join us on Thursday evenings.
| Paltalk.com | Section = Christianity | Room = CARM
$5 Support - CARM depends on your support. Please consider supporting CARM.
CARM is reaching thousands and thousands of people all over the world for Jesus Christ. There are very few ways that are more efficient and more effective in preventing the gospel message than the Internet. Your support can go a very long way in further in the kingdom of God. Please consider supporting CARM with $5 a month or whatever you feel led to contribute. It's easy to do and it does help a great deal. If interested, please sign up here.