Welcome to the Feb. 16, 2007 Newsletter
CARM has A New Logo
If you were able to receive HTML newsletters, then you will notice at the top left the new CARM logo. If you don't get HTML newsletters, and only receive this in text form, you can go to the CARM homepage and look at the new logo. It's been long in coming, but we finally discovered something that was very simple and effective.
Pray for David
Please continue to pray for my wife's brother David, who is still in a Mexican jail. We are hoping that the Lord will continue to work on him and he will come to saving relationship with Jesus. To be honest, it does look as though this is a possibility since he is being softened on a daily basis. Thank you for your previous prayers.
33rd Annual Atheist Convention
I will be attending the 33rd annual atheist convention on the weekend of Easter in April (6th-8th) in Seattle, Washington. My intention is to go and learn as much as I can and, hopefully, interview some atheists with a video camera and get some contacts for my radio show.
If you live in the area and would like to get together, please let me know. email@example.com
Last week CARM set a new record for page views on the homepage for a one week period. It hit 40,000. It's a small milestone but I'm tickled to know that the CARM website is becoming even more popular.
Possible New CARM worker
For about five months now I have been in contact with a young man named Ryan who is interested in working with CARM. He is very articulate and is finishing up his masters in apologetics. He's been interviewed by myself, Diane (a CARM Board of Directors member), and I've received a recommendation from him from Norman Geisler, the president of the seminary on the East Coast. It looks like Ryan will be coming out to visit us and this Ministry in the summer for a couple of weeks and if all goes well and he graduates in 2008, he will come out here and work for CARM. So far we don't have the funds to pay him but we're going to trust the Lord to provide. As many of you know via my past newsletters, CARM is far too large and busy for me to handle it alone. It is time to add additional workers and we are in the process of doing just that.
We have been praying about this and are trusting the Lord in it.
Still need a camera
An important need that CARM has is a good video camera with which we can produced teaching videos. It needs to have an audio jack and be able to produce DVD quality video. If you know of a good camera and or would like to support CARM financially so that we can get a good one, please let us know.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- Hate mail:
- Your arrogance is bewildering
- Love mail
- My girl friend and I have been going out for a year and four months now, and I always knew her as a Christian, But over the last half year or so my relationship with her became torn an broken. Finally i asked her what was going on, It took her a good while to tell me but finally she told me...she told me that she started questioning how god got here and stuff and now she was agnostic...I had no clue what that was so I looked it up and I was shocked that this beautiful, amazing friend that I had didn't know god anymore..Tonight she started asking these questions and I knew the answer but I just couldn't get the words to come out right..luckily I typed in the answer on Google and it took me to your website...it answered everyone of her questions and i think she is starting to realize that she was right before...Again thank you sooo much..
- I download your radio shows every day they are available. I really enjoy them and really find you to be very openminded and fair in your views. I am from South Africa. Just wanted to let you know that I am a listener and I really hope your finances will be sorted out so your radio show can continue. Unfortunately I am not able to contribute at this stage.
- Thank You so very much! CARM is an absolute blessing, and I thank God for all the work you guys do.
Same as Last Newsletter
- Podcast Link - If you are interested in listening to the radio podcasts of faith and reason, there are several options. One is to go to the CARM home page and click on the radio link, or go to www.carm.org/radio/radio.htm, or click on this link http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=432798 and enter your e-mail address. Its free and you'll be notified every time the podcast page is updated.
- Feedback and Suggestions - I would love to have feedback and suggestions from the CARM readers about the website, the radio show, and this newsletter. Please feel free to let me know what you would like covered and/or addressed. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please Support CARM -
- CARM is supported by the voluntary gifts and offerings of people like you. I have revamped the donations system and hope that this new year will bring in more support so that we can hire an additional staff person. Even $5 a month can make a big difference. CARM is on the front lines and we need all the help we can get. Please pray for us. We need it.
- Discussion Boards - The CARM Discussion Forums are doing extremely well. In less than a year we have over 13,700 people signed up as participants. We even have a donation option for people to support the Ministry and have extended posting privelaes. If you are interested in learning how to defend your faith as well as finding out what others believe about vendors, than the CARM discussion forums are the place to be.
- Thanks Again - Thanks to all of you who have been signing up for the online schools and donations to CARM. They have been a real encouragement to this Ministry as they have increased lately.
- Please consider supporting CARM financially at $5 per month: here
- Prayer Ministry - CARM does have a prayer Ministry. If you are interested in joining us as we pray for others' needs, or if you have needs that you need prayer for, please go to http://www.carm.org/prayer.htm and sign up.
- Online Schools. Theology, Apologetics, and Critical Thinking. You can support CARM and also learn.
- Discussion Boards - http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php. We have a very active discussion boards.
- Chat Room - http://www.carm.org/boards/chat.htm. Want a live discussion?
- Live Radio Show! - The show is called "Faith and Reason with Matt Slick." I am on for one hour, five days a week, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). It's a live call-in show where people can ask all kinds of questions dealing with Christianity, the Bible, cults, counseling, the occult, etc. You can call in to the number is 208-377-3790 and/or listen live via the Internet at www.myfamilyradio.com on the AM station.
Podcasting CARM now has podcasting ability for past radio shows: http://feeds.feedburner.com/carmorgpodcasting.
Do you have any suggestions for the CARM newsletter or the CARM website? If so, please contact us at email@example.com. We want to know what you think, areas of need that you would like to see addressed, as well as any comments you might have.