Most people have personality quirks. I definitely have mine, just ask my wife. One of my quirks is that I like a good debate. It relaxes me, makes me feel good, helps me process the stress of the day, etc. I know, kinda weird. Well, one of the ways I get to debate is on the internet on Paltalk (www.paltalk.com) where I sometimes go to the atheist rooms and try to have a polite conversation. Of course, part of the real reason I am there is to get insulted because I know that even though I'm polite, they won't be. For some strange reason, I like it when the atheists levy denigrating vituperations at me. I honestly try and present biblical truth to them in a loving manner, but they aren't interested. Instead, they tend to insult me, a lot. Now, not all atheists are vindictive, a very few are thoughtful and polite. But, there sure are a lot of obstreperous atheists on the Internet. Following are some of the many insults I've received from them in the past three days. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
- "You brain dead idiot. Take your brain dead hypocritical sorry self and leave."
- "You lying sack of crap."
- "Matt you fool."
- "You play mind games."
- "I copied his [my text chat] comments to show how inane it was."
- "'slick' - how appropriate a nick is that? Just like all the slick preachers."
- "You ignorant peace of Christian fecal matter."
- "We will let you think when you get a brain Matt."
- "Matt...when was the last time you actually thought?"
- "You sound like you are in second or third grade."
- "Why does your freaking god judge the creation it made? Matt is a retard."
- "Matt you are repulsive as a human being and you need to stay away from children."
- "Matt, insults where insults are due is just plain speaking truth."
Notice the in-depth refutations of arguments imbedded in their verbal repartees. We could learn a lot from these atheists: how not to debate.
But seriously, I do honestly try and reach them for Christ. It isn't easy and I have to wade through a lot of personal attacks to make a very few points with them. It takes a lot of work and patience.
Like a proud dad showing off pictures of his kids, praise reports are snippets of bright spots in the CARM world. Here are a few from this past week:
"Thanks for doing a great job - keep up the good work."
"Your site is absolutely the best, most comprehensive Christian website I have ever seen. So far, it seems to have covered almost every question I have ever had about Christianity, the bible, interpretation about our culture, cults etc. Great, logical answers to help build my faith and share with others." [I love this one.]
"I love your site. I especially enjoy the dialogues with the other cults. Your doing an awesome job!!! Keep it up."
Okay, enough of the CARM love-fest. The important thing is that people are using CARM. I thank the Lord for putting this burden on my heart seven years ago. It has been a trial and a privilege at the same time.
VERSE OF THE WEEK.
"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus," (NASB).