Welcome to the June 27, 2007 Newsletter
Mini-devotional - The Word of the Lord
"But the word of the Lord continued to grow and to be multiplied," (Acts 12:22). The word of truth cannot help but grow. We who were made in the image of God have an inherent ability, if not suppressed in our own sinfulness, to recognize the truth found in Christ. It is the nature of the power of the word of God to grow in those who have been given ears to hear and who would receive it -- so that each truth will be multiplied and in it's growth, salvation comes to all who would believe. This multiplication does not know the limit of language, social norms, or national boundaries.
The word of the Lord grows not only in cultures, but also in hearts. If you take the Word of God into your mind and heart, memorize it, and meditate on it, it will grow and be multiplied within you. The source of the truth of the Word of God rests in God himself and all who seek truth must, ultimately, seek God.
But, God cannot be found apart from Jesus -- who is the truth. Therefore, first seek Jesus. Then open your heart and mind and study the Word of God. Let it grow in you and be multiplied.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
Same as Last Newsletter
- Hate mail:
- I found it frightning to read how "CARM" professes their own christian faith but really awaits the "anti-Christ". Certainly I must warn my friends of such evil organization as CARM.
- Only God through Jesus can judge who's truly Christian. Your organization is treading on dangerous, pharisical waters "friend" by taking it upon yourself to judge who is Christian and who is not. As far as the Trinity you should know by know that it's not explicitly Biblical and thus should not be forced on a believer. If Paul or another writer felt it was an essential belief you'd think he'd spend a little time telling Jews their God for the last few thousand years was actually a trinity and for you to judge other sects as "non-Christian" is beyond your right and understanding.
- Your site is false, its info is wrong and clearly the work of the DEVIL. He is coming and you all will feel the wrath upon you(Author/s).You are the tripping stone the Bible speaks about
- Carm is the most judgmental, self-righteous bunch of know-nothings I've yet to come across. It is pure tragic irony that you unChristian twits think you can decide who is Christian! You give Jesus a bad name.
- Love mail:
- Just a quick note to say thanks for all of the work you do. Also thank you for supplying the forums which gives us evangelical Christians a powerful way to witness
- Thanks you for your site. I can't imagine the time it took to do all the research. It has been a great source of help and peace. Stay the course.
- I just wanted to say that I just discovered your web page and I so far, I love it!It’s a great resource. Keep up the good work!
- First, I would like to thank you for your Web site. After cruising for a few hours, I found it to be well structured, nicely assembled and excellently informed. I am agnostic and do not hold a religious/spiritual aspect of my life. I do, however, love studying various religions and theologies. Of all the Christian Web sites, particularly the fundamental Christians, yours is, by far, the most in-depth and honest page I have ever come across. You do not attempt to hide facts and merely want people to feel welcome. Bravo for your stupendous representation of Christianity and your toleration and fairness for other peoples beliefs.
- First of all, I want to thank God for the understanding that He gives you. There are so many religions out there that I knew little about, but praise God for enlightenment. I got saved back in June of 2003 and ever since then the warfare has been intense. I’ve learnt a lot over the past four years and your website has helped out a lot. I just want to say God bless you, your family, and your ministry!