Welcome to the July 06, 2007 Newsletter
Mini-devotional - First Fruits
"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep," (1 Cor. 15:20). Jesus' physical resurrection is an essential doctrine of the Christian faith. This means that you cannot deny it and be a Christian. The resurrection of Jesus is proof of the acceptance of his atoning sacrifice by God the Father. But, Jesus' resurrection isn't simply a resuscitation of a dead body. It is far more than that. Jesus was raised in a glorified body. This is why he is called the "first fruits". Jesus is the first one raised in a glorified body, a body that will not suffer decay, sickness, nor death.
Because Jesus rose from the dead this way, we Christians will rise from the dead in glorified bodies as well. This is his promise to us. It is a message of hope and confident expectation in the work of Christ. Our resurrection will occur in the future and though there are debates about exactly when it will happen, it will happen nonetheless. When Jesus returns, those who are asleep (those who have died as Christians) will be the first ones to receive their glorified bodies. Then, those who are still alive on earth will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye. "Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed," (1 Cor. 15:51-52). It is by faith that we accept and believe in the future glorification of all Christians.
So, take comfort in knowing that though our lives now are full of difficulties and the imminent approach of sickness and death, the final victory which was accomplished 2000 years ago on the cross guarantees that we will be changed and will longer be subject to sickness and death. This is one of the great accomplishments of Christ's sacrifice and resurrection.
Going to North Carolina
Lord willing, I will be attending the 2007 national conference on Christian apologeticsFriday and Saturday November 9th-10th, 2007 at Calvary Church Charlotte, NC, I. I won't be speaking. So, if there are any CARM-ites out there who would like to get together for dinner or something, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
- Hate mail:
- i think you guys are idiots.... stop spreading false stuff
- You guys are some ******** people, you need to learn the truth about religions before you try and exploit them for what "dark" intentions they may have. and anyway if it is such a rebellion over god then why do wiccans befriend christians in some cases. ill tell you they aint stupid like you people. face it there is no rebellion, its just you guys trying to be all high and mighty about your beliefs to get rid of your insecurities
- There is no jesus no god no devil. Religion is bad - it is the main cause of war - I can understand that people follow a religion for purpose and morales. As we have evolved there is no disputing that science has replaced religion marginally. Science is the search for fact where is religion is based on faith. Every day decisions are based on fact not faith. When we die that is it. We do not tread on an ant and think it is going to some heaven. I would like to see how you can make me believe in jesus & God
- To whom it may concern, the fact that there exists such a thing as apologetics demonstrates the weakness of the theistic position. Reading apologetic arguments on your website is frightening. The fact that there are people who are stupid enough that they can't see how absurd these arguments really are is what is scary. For your information evolution's explanation for human origins is as much of a fact as water is H2O or that the world is flat. Your denial of that is scientific imbecility.
- Love mail:
- I think this is a wonderful Website. It was sent to me by my sister and I am just beginning to get into it. I love to learn about the Word of my God and what I have read so far if very enlightening. I have been here for the last couple of hours enjoying every minute. I guess I had better go and have breakfast now because the morning is ebbing away. I just felt that I should give you a little encouragement. May our God continue to bless you in your endeavors.
- Strange how hate full the hate mail is and how loving the love mail is! I wonder if this reflects the hearts of the senders? Actually, I am sure it does. Dear friend in the Lord keep up the good work. We will pray for you as you have to face up to the hate!
- It is no coincidence that I found your website, I was guided by the holy spirit to find the answers I needed. First I wanted to thank you for creating this website, for your devotion to Lord Jesus Christ our savior, and your ministry. I prayed for you that you would continue to grow this and everything in God you are working for, I hope you strengthen many more Christians faith, save those who want to be saved, continue to spread the truth of the only true Gospel and destroy these false faiths. I'm pursuing a degree to become a minister myself, "for by faith we can move mountains". I ask that you will pray for me as well, that I will grow as a man in Lord Jesus, overcome all obstacles that stand in the way of my goals and dream, and save many of my brothers and sisters along the way.
- I am a university student in South Africa who loves and fears the Lord with all his heart and today I decided two spend couple of hours on your site and I must really say this maybe you don't usually get many responses from the visitors of your site, what a marvellous piece of work whose foundation is the word of God , GOD BLESS YOU ANd MAY YOU CONTINUE TO TOUCH MANY SOULS AND CLEARLY INCREASE THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD. THANK YOU SO MUCH. My words are not enough to describe my joy from what I have learnt on your site. The stuff and everyone who works around the clock to bless us, may you recieve hundred folds goods in return.