Welcome to the Sept 7, 2006 Newsletter
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw.
- I am a youth minister in Mississippi and have recently started a study on False Religions with my youth. I stumbled on your site while researching Mormonism and was simply astounded. I've seen many resources and other websites that have disproved the teachings of other religions, but never have I seen it in such detail and organization as the CARM website. I applaud your effort, research and care in stating your beliefs in the Lord Jesus Christ and refuting false religions. Keep up the good work and God bless you all!
- I just love your website. Found it few days ago and I put in on top of my favorites list I can understand why you are under spiritual attack and you are in my prayers daily. I have told all my friends about your web site and soon as I can I will send financial support I am on fixed income but I will do something. Keep up the great work as it is needed I do have one minor problem I tried to sign up for your newsletter and it would not accept my email address and I tried to leave feed back and it wanted 250 characters. God Bless you and Keep you
- I just wanted to say thank you. I am a Wiccan, and i was very happy to read the information on your web site. i was a very devoted Christian for many years. I wish I was as compassionate about other's beliefs at that time as you are now. To often Christians jump right to "Wiccan's love satan" mode. I know that you do believe that we worship satan "unknowingly" and i understand this. I am very pleased that you didn't give an image of us dancing around a severed goats head or anything like that. We are peaceful people. And i love that you have taken the "love the sinner, hate the sin" stand.
- You know I very much like how you consider yourselves the one true judge sent by God to condemn all who claim him. It is however interesting that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I intercede on behalf of all the religious leaders you have openly crucified on your site....I would recommend a serious study of the manuscripts and languages of the Bible. Oh and please do post this with any reply you think you can dig up.
- I consider myself a Christian, liberal and actually open-minded, and came across your website, and to be honest, am getting angrier and angrier. Why? Not only do you bash other religions, but you don't even give real reasons for doing so. You quote the bible and refer to it as the only truth; but tell me: how do you know? Have you visited Heaven? Has God stopped by your house for a cup of espresso and a discussion on the meaning of life?
All major religions have extremely deep-rooted histories and, to an extent, certain truths. And all religions also have closed-minded people just like you who are just as stubborn and insistent that their beliefs are no longer "beliefs," but "truths," and who don't accept "any" other possibilities. And just as you have "proof" to back it up, so do they.
Some of my relatives in Utah are Mormon, and I take great offense to people like you who are so stubborn and closed-minded. If you believe something, fine; if you believe something with all your heart and soul, awesome. But, don't go around yelling your closed-mindedness to the world and thus making yourself out to be pathetic. We already know you're a staunch, closed-minded conservative Christian; we don't need to be continuously reminded.
And what's truly ironic is that many Mormons are just as staunch,
conservative and closed-minded as you appear to be.
- I am shocked about the lies you write about Jehovah's Witnesses in your web site. Shame on you! If you already want to write about them you should know them and do not listen to common stupidities about them. I expect you to do your job seriously and not the way you do. Shame on you one more time!