CARM Newsletter 09-07-06
Welcome to the Sept 7, 2006 Newsletter
The accounting situation at CARM is still not that good. Apparently accountants like to charge hundreds of dollars per hour. Therefore I'm asking again if there is anyone who has a good lead on a good accountant/CPA who would be willing to give CARM a good deal. Remember, this is Ministry and though I firmly believe that workers in the vineyard of God should be paid, I'm also hoping that there would be some Chritian(s) who would be willing to help this Ministry out. Please contact us at [email protected]
We have been looking into expanding the Faith and Reason Radio show (www.myfamilyradio.com) into other markets. The one that we're looking at right now is a station in St. Louis, Missouri: KXEN, 1010 AM. There is a definite cost to doing this and we are considering two options. The first is to continue at five days a week. The second option is to work in a single one hour show on Saturdays. Each option logistically requires three months commitment. However, there is a cost to doing this. I don't want to say how much it would cost because the Lord knows what we need and will provide through his people should he desire that we expand this or not. If something does come or if it doesn't, then we will praise God either way.
Nevertheless, as we pray for this and for the desire to expand the word of truth into the body of Christ, we hope that you would pray with us as well.
Finally, here are some statistics (I believe I remember them correctly), concerning radio. 46% of the population listens to Christian radio. Of those people, around 27% are unbelievers. What an awesome opportunity to be able to preach and teach to those not in the body of Christ, as well as those who are.
Do you listen to the Radio Show?
Just curious. If you listen to the radio show via the Internet, podcast, or over the radio here in the Boise area, could you please kindly e-mail us and let us know through which medium you listen, and what you think of the show? We would love to know the percentages of how many listen via each medium. [email protected]
Also, if you want to email the station and let them know what you think of the show, that'd be great, too. [email protected]
There is going to be, Lord willing, an apologetics conference here in the Boise area, on the first Saturday of December, 2006. So far it looks like there will be three speakers over five hours with a few breakout sessions. I have been asked to speak. More on this later, Matt Slick.
50th Birthday Party
I will be turning 50 on December 9, 2006, and we plan to have a get together, possibly at a hotel or a wreck room. We want to cater the food and have some music playing in the background -- so we need to know who's coming. All the CARMites are invited. If it sounds like fun and a good excuse to come to Boise, please let us know. Also, anyone who does come out (and there are those who want to come) can expect to be invited over to my place for hanging-out-and-blabbing time. If you want to join us, plan to stay for a few days. It would be great. Matt Slick
CARM is supported by your faithful prayers and giving. CARM has online schools (www.carm.org/online.htm) and donation setup (www.carm.org/goods/donations.htm) that we used to help support this Ministry. Thanks.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw.
- I am a youth minister in Mississippi and have recently started a study on False Religions with my youth. I stumbled on your site while researching Mormonism and was simply astounded. I've seen many resources and other websites that have disproved the teachings of other religions, but never have I seen it in such detail and organization as the CARM website. I applaud your effort, research and care in stating your beliefs in the Lord Jesus Christ and refuting false religions. Keep up the good work and God bless you all!
- I just love your website. Found it few days ago and I put in on top of my favorites list I can understand why you are under spiritual attack and you are in my prayers daily. I have told all my friends about your web site and soon as I can I will send financial support I am on fixed income but I will do something. Keep up the great work as it is needed I do have one minor problem I tried to sign up for your newsletter and it would not accept my email address and I tried to leave feed back and it wanted 250 characters. God Bless you and Keep you
- I just wanted to say thank you. I am a Wiccan, and i was very happy to read the information on your web site. i was a very devoted Christian for many years. I wish I was as compassionate about other's beliefs at that time as you are now. To often Christians jump right to "Wiccan's love satan" mode. I know that you do believe that we worship satan "unknowingly" and i understand this. I am very pleased that you didn't give an image of us dancing around a severed goats head or anything like that. We are peaceful people. And i love that you have taken the "love the sinner, hate the sin" stand.
- You know I very much like how you consider yourselves the one true judge sent by God to condemn all who claim him. It is however interesting that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I intercede on behalf of all the religious leaders you have openly crucified on your site....I would recommend a serious study of the manuscripts and languages of the Bible. Oh and please do post this with any reply you think you can dig up.
- I consider myself a Christian, liberal and actually open-minded, and came across your website, and to be honest, am getting angrier and angrier. Why? Not only do you bash other religions, but you don't even give real reasons for doing so. You quote the bible and refer to it as the only truth; but tell me: how do you know? Have you visited Heaven? Has God stopped by your house for a cup of espresso and a discussion on the meaning of life?
All major religions have extremely deep-rooted histories and, to an extent, certain truths. And all religions also have closed-minded people just like you who are just as stubborn and insistent that their beliefs are no longer "beliefs," but "truths," and who don't accept "any" other possibilities. And just as you have "proof" to back it up, so do they.
Some of my relatives in Utah are Mormon, and I take great offense to people like you who are so stubborn and closed-minded. If you believe something, fine; if you believe something with all your heart and soul, awesome. But, don't go around yelling your closed-mindedness to the world and thus making yourself out to be pathetic. We already know you're a staunch, closed-minded conservative Christian; we don't need to be continuously reminded.
And what's truly ironic is that many Mormons are just as staunch,
conservative and closed-minded as you appear to be.
- I am shocked about the lies you write about Jehovah's Witnesses in your web site. Shame on you! If you already want to write about them you should know them and do not listen to common stupidities about them. I expect you to do your job seriously and not the way you do. Shame on you one more time!
Same as Last Newsletter - updates in green
Do you have any suggestions for the CARM newsletter or the CARM website? If so, please contact us at [email protected] We want to know what you think, areas of need that you would like to see addressed, as well as any comments you might have.
CARM Needs - same as last newsletter.
Letting our needs be known. We are definitely planning to expand, to move ahead in spite of our recent setbacks. The Lord provides where He guides.
The CARM printer fund is up to $352. We need a color laser printer for publishing evangelism tracks and brochures for the CARM Ministry. Again, if you have experience with color laser printers and have a good recommendation that is in the same price range, please let us know. If you want to support the printer fund, please go to http://www.carm.org/temp/printerfund.htm
CARM has need of a laptop for the radio show and as a back up system in case the main CARM computer breaks. This will help us with speaking engagements as well. Dell puts out a great product. The XPS M1210 with the basic bells and whistles needed for a decent system would be around $1500.
After much discussion with two of the board members of CARM, we have concluded that in order for CARM to progress and to be able to meet the new needs, research requests, and developing projects, we need to hire someone. This is a major event and a necessary one. We hope to raise $30,000 support the first year salary for the new person. We are letting people know about the need so that you can pray. The Lord provides where he guides. Right now, CARM only is able to support one person, Matt Slick.
If we had the funding for another person to work with CARM, this person would need to be able to manage projects, research, write, and do web development. There is a great deal to do at CARM and this Ministry has the potential of reaching millions. In fact, the CARM website was accessed 1.2 million times last month in the CARM discussion board was accessed over 2 million times.
We need someone to write a program for CARM that will allow people to save web pages to projects that they can name. They could log in (email/password) and save various CARM articles to their projects. This would not mean that people had to log in to view CARM. This is an extra feature should anyone want to use it.
Reminder: The Online Schools are now for an Unlimited Duration
The CARM online schools (Theology, Apologetics, and Critical Thinking) are now for an unlimited duration when you sign-up. For those of you who already have, I will gladly extend your access time. Just let us know at [email protected] Also, the program that governs how the school is accessed has a maximum duration of 20 years -- but we'll extend it another 20 when you get there. Please consider supporting CARM and getting something in return. This is a major Ministry offering of CARM that is used both to support CARM and to equip Christians. Please consider signing up for the schools so that you can defend the Christian faith better. By the way, I'm offering all three schools at a substantial discount if you are interested.
We are still working hard on researching and modifying the CARM site for a future makeover. (See the sample layout page for articles). In addition, we will open CARM up for other writers to contribute, if they are qualified.
CARM now has podcasting ability: http://feeds.feedburner.com/carmorgpodcasting.
The owners at the Christian radio station are behind the Faith and Reason Radio Show 100% and want to expand into other markers. Thank you for the suggestions about possible radio stations. If you have not already sent me a suggestion, please do so at [email protected] Second, we're looking for sponsors who would be interested in expanding the Faith and Reason radio show Again, if you are interested in doing this, please contact me at the same e-mail address.
We have some radio shows archived here http://www.live365.com/stations/matt_slick. You can also listen live to the show at http://www.myfamilyradio.com. I'm on at 6pm Mountain time on the AM station.
Prayer Ministry - CARM does have a prayer Ministry. If you are interested in joining us as we pray for others' needs, or if you have needs that you need prayer for, please go to http://www.carm.org/prayer.htm and sign up.
Discussion Boards - http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/index.php. We have a very active discussion boards and if you are interested in joining us, check out the link.
Chat Room - http://www.carm.org/boards/chat.htm. Want a live discussion? Sign up.
Live Radio Show! - Live radio show that began on Monday, Jan. 2, 2006. The show is called "Faith and Reason with Matt Slick." I am on for one hour, five days a week, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). It's a live call-in show where people can ask all kinds of questions dealing with Christianity, the Bible, cults, etc. You can call in to the number is 208-377-3790. You can listen to old programs here: http://www.live365.com/stations/matt_slick) and live via the Internet connection at www.myfamilyradio.com on the AM station.
Radio Show Times
Monday through Friday
Phone # is 208-377-3790
Hawaii Alaska Pacific Mountain Central Eastern 2-3pm 4-5pm 5-6pm 6-7pm 7-8pm 8-9pm
- CHANGE: Weekly Teaching Time on Paltalk - Every Tuesday (changed from Thursday) evening I host a live discussion room on paltalk.com. Paltalk is a free voice chat system that is quite good. Paltalk is full of Christians as well as non-Christians and the battles over truth are frequent. It is however, a good place to learn how to defend your faith. If any of you are interested and would like to check it out, please join us for our weekly discussion by going to paltalk, download the program, and join us on Tuesday evenings.
| Paltalk.com | Section = Christianity | Room = CARM
We need your support
CARM is reaching thousands and thousands of people all over the world for Jesus Christ. There are very few ways that are more efficient and more effective in presenting the gospel message than is the Internet. Your support can go a long way to further the kingdom of God. Please consider supporting CARM with $5 a month or whatever you feel led to contribute. It's easy to do and it does help a great deal. If interested, please sign up here.
From the Theological Dictionary
Be fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium
Rev. Matt Slick, your missionary to the Internet. Equipping the church to defend the faith in a secular society.
Walvoord, John F., and Zuck, Roy B., The Bible Knowledge Commentary, (Wheaton, Illinois: Scripture Press Publications, Inc.) 1983, 1985.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.