- Teaching - Have you died? Those of us who are Christians have died. Col. 3:3 says, "For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." We are also told that we have died to the Law. Romans 7:4, "Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, that we might bear fruit for God." Because Jesus represented us on the cross, and because he so completely saved us, it can be said that all of us who have trusted in him have also died with him. This is why the symbolism of being buried with him in baptism is so important (Romans 6:4). Also, it means that we are no longer under the Law because we have died to the Law, so we are not obligated to keep the law (doing right and not doing bad) in order to be saved or to maintain our salvation. Instead, our salvation is a free gift apart from our keeping the Law. Rom. 3:28, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law." This is what the gospel is. It is the "good news" that our righteousness before God does not depend on our ability to keep the Law of God. So, as those who have died with Christ, "consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry," (Col. 3:5). Then realize that you are free to love God and love your neighbor as a response to being dead to sin, as a response to God's loving work of salvation in you. After all, we love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19).
- Nun Leaves Catholicism - A Roman Catholic nun who has been working in Africa recently made contact with a woman in Atlanta, Georgia. The woman gave the CARM website to the nun to check out the articles written on Catholicism. As a result of her examining her church and comparing it to Scripture, she now knows that Roman Catholicism is not true. She has trusted in Christ as her Savior! Please pray for her because she is in the long process of leaving Catholicism. We will give more details on this later.
As a side note, some of you may not know what Roman Catholicism teaches regarding salvation. Consider this: "...the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments." Catechism of the Catholic Church 2068, and "...to obtain the joy of heaven, as God's eternal reward for the good works accomplished with the grace of Christ," (CCC, 1821). In contrast to this, Gal. 3:10 says, “For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.'” Also, James 2:10 says “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.” For more information, check out http://carm.org/roman-catholicism.
- CARM Conference in Newberg, Oregon - CARM will be hosting a conference in Newberg, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. It will be held the first weekend of April. I will be speaking, as well as Tony Miano. Check out http://carm.org/conference-portland for more details. Please make plans to join us for this information packed weekend!
- Need Drupal Tech - CARM is being held back by a lack of technological advancement. Therefore, we need a person who is knowledgeable in Drupal. We want to convert CARM from Drupal 6.X to Drupal 7, develop a new theme, and make other improvements. The right person could be paid a retainer and/or be compensated for various projects, but you have to know Drupal very well and be able to convert the CARM Drupal DB from 6.x to 7.x. If interested, please email us at email@example.com and leave your qualifications and contact information. Thanks.
- Paypal Expert - I need a consult. We are trying to revamp our payment system and are in desperate need of help with PayPal online help files. I need someone who knows PayPal very well and can answer some basic questions. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinitarian Review Journal - We're excited to introduce a new compilation of Trinitarian and apologetics studies! Michael Burgos has been working with CARM for a while, behind-the-scenes, producing The Journal for Trinitarian Studies and Apologetics. It's a theological journal with a focus on the Triune God, for the academic as well as the layperson. Within this edition, you'll find a unique array of contributions. These include:
- Robert M. Bowman Jr. - Triadic New Testament Passages and the Doctrine of the Trinity
- Hiram R. Diaz III - The Two Natures of Christ in Genesis 3
- Mike Felker - Preexistence in Mark: A Cumulative Defense
- Edward L. Dalcour - Jesus’ Claims to be God: Answering the Objections
- Scotty G. Neasbitt - God the Son in Select Theophanies of the Old Testament
- Michael R. Burgos Jr. (Editor) - Anthropological Monism and its Incompatibility with Biblical Christianity
- Published by Biblical Press: the publishing division of the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM.org). If you want to check it out, go here.
- CARM Logo - We've lost our contact information for the person/group who did the CARM logo for us, but we need a copy of it in Photoshop format. If you have it or can work it in Photoshop format, please send it to email@example.com.
- Support CARM - Would you consider supporting CARM at five dollars a month? It would really help us. If you are interested in joining us in reaching the lost for Christ and equipping the saints, please click on the link and sign up. We would greatly appreciate it!
- Researchers - CARM has several good writers in place and we need folks to help in researching. Attention to detail and a solid theological understanding are critical. If you are interested please email Ken -- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Radio Show Support - If you are interested in supporting the radio show in order to keep it on the air, then please go here and sign up. You'll see different options for support, and you can cancel anytime. If you're one of the listeners to the show and you have learned from it, would you please consider supporting it? Thank you.
- Israel Trip - Next month, around the 19th, I'm going to Israel. This has been scheduled for a long time - well before the financial crunch hit CARM. So, I'm committed to go since the ticket has already been purchased. It will be my first time to Israel and I hope that the Lord uses it to give me a better understanding of where He lived and walked, so that I might present the truths found in Scripture with greater insight. Please pray for my safety as well as the safety of the others on the tour, and that the Lord would be glorified through this trip.
- Amazon Wish List - If you want to help CARM, please consider the Amazon Wish List where we request help purchasing various items to help keep this ministry going.
- CARM APP For Phones - The CARM Phone APP is progressing nicely. It should be released by the end of February. We are going to ask $1 for it so we can not only recoup the several thousand dollars in costs to develop it, but also, hopefully, fund more development of that app.
- First off, I would like to thank you for your website and also you podcasts. I have been enjoying your website for about 5 years now and have been listening to your podcasts for the past year. I have been supporting you through the website and have decided after hearing your plea for more support of your radio station that I can also support you there. I really hope and pray that you will be able to continue your radio show as it has helped me a great deal in my walk with Christ. I am currently not attending a church as the church I was a member of (Assemblies of God) accepted women pastors. In the time that I was there, I spoke to two senior pastors in relation to the matter. One pastor listened but did nothing, the other walked away half way through our discussion, so I promptly walked out of the church and sent in my resignation as a member. I then enquired with the Baptist church here and they also accept women pastors. There is also an Anglican and Uniting church. The Anglican church has a female Reverend and so does the Uniting church so I am running out of options. Thankfully I have been able to listen to your podcasts. Learning more about Christianity and Cults. It was also great to hear Excitable Craig laugh. Of late, I have been witnessing to Atheists and have found that you have helped me a great deal in being able communicate effectively to them on a wide range of topics.
- I would like to say thank you for offering such a wonderful Website full of detailed and helpful imformation. I found your site but Googling "What is truth" and it was then that i saw your site. I have been watching the videos and reading from it since yesterday. I have prayed the pray asking for forgiveness and asking God to lead me in all truth and help me to endure the many challenges that have come my way. Thanks and keep of the great work with this site im going to support your cause as best as I can.
- Having just spent two hours reading your articles on your website such as Homosexuals and Atheism. I just want to say that i hope you or someone you are close to has a child that is gay! Only the problem is that the poor child will grow up feeling outcast unloved, Unwanted and above all else confused because his or hers parents are brainwashed in their messed up belief system. And by the way can i remind you that it's Christian groups and preachers that are constantly on the streets on our telly and knocking on our doors ramming it down our throats, and not athiests trying to convert you, because as atheists we belive in making your own mind up about our origins, not preaching to or brainwashing children from when they are born, and above all else we all love everyone despite their sexual preferece!! But before i go Matt slick!! look out to your congregation and i will tell you now their is at least one Peodphile their, Becuse what better guise to hide under than an honest to god straight down the line christian man!! Yeh! no one will suspect him!! how can they? he's a christian.
- You are going to Hell.