CARM Newsletter 03-29-2012
From Matt Slick, President
- The CARM Monthly Weekly Newsletter - Ideally, we like to send this out every week. However, I always get so busy that I just don't get around to it. I'll try and be more punctual.
- Cleaning Up the Newsletter List - If you want to continue receiving the Newsletter then please put your email address in here:This way you can continue to receive it. If you do not do this, you will no longer receive the newsletter. I'll send this out with the next couple of newsletters so that we can clean up the list.
- Need a Non Profit Tax Lawyer - CARM has some important questions on fund-raising and advertising and needs to hire a Tax Lawyer. CARM is headquarted in Idaho. If you have any info or can help, please contact us at [email protected].
- June 15th Debate - On June 15th, 2012, I'll be in a public debate on whether or not water baptism is necessary for salvation. It will be held in Bellflower, CA. We are still setting up the details and I will let you know more later.
- EMNR - I will be out in Kansas City, Nebraska at the annual EMNR meeting. EMNR stands for Evangelical Ministries to New Believers.
- Radio Show - We have moved the radio show from 5pm, MST, to 3pm MST. It's also now on the FM station and has a much broader reach. The same show is rebroadcast on the AM station at the old time of 5pm MST. You can listen over the internet if you're not in the area. Just go to...
- 3-4 PM, FM http://webcast1.fiberpipe.tv/channels/ifr/kbxl-All_Rights_Reserved.wax
- AM REBROADCAST: http://webcast1.fiberpipe.tv/channels/ifr/kspd-All_Rights_Reserved.wax
- Also, we will be polishing the show. I've hired a radio consultant and we will be implementing some changes to make the show more marketable.
- New World Translation - Does anyone have a hard copy(s) of the New World Translation pre 1953? We are looking for the ones that have John 1:1 that says "and the word was God" not "and the word was a god". If so, contact us at [email protected]
- JW Memorial Service - Once a year the Jehovah's Witnesses have a service where they invite the public to attend their commemoration service. The communion supper is passed around and the JW's don't take it. It is intended only for 144,000 elite JWs. I've written a track that is free for you all to download and print up and distribute, if you so desire, outside their meeting locations. The tract is designed to get 2 tracts per 8 1/2 x 11 paper. You print it up, turn the paper over and put it back in your printer, print the same thing again, and cut the paper in half to get two tracts. Let me know how it goes.
- Sign-up for Israel Trip 2013 - CARM is working with MRM.org (Mormonism Research Ministry) to go to Israel in February of 2013. I'm planning on going along with my wife. If you are interested in venturing out with us, please check out the link Israel Trip for details. http://carm.org/israel-trip
- Donate toward CARM APP - We are trying to raise the funds to finance the development of a CARM App for phones. If you are interested in contributing to this very worthwhile tool, please go to http://carm.org/mobile-app. Last year we had a total of 930,073 visitors to the CARM site from mobile phones and the IPAD. This year it will be over one million. Its worth it. Please help.
- Podcast of the Radio Show.. If you have Itunes, search for Matt Slick, or CARM Radio and you can subscribe to the Radio show podcasts for free. You can also go to the Podcast link.
- Amazon Wish List - http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/2RL4ROV6EXVMO/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go.
- Prayer Support - http://www.carm.org/christianity/prayer-ministry/carm-prayer-needs.
- Corrections Feedback - http://www.carm.org/submit-correction; Feedback at http://www.carm.org/submit-feedback
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/carmorg. We post stuff throughout the day.
- CARM has a toolbar - http://carm.OurToolbar.com
- 15% Discount on Logos Bible Software. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm and use the promo code CARM6
- Advertise with CARM - contact us at [email protected]
Love and Hate Mail
- Hello there, My name is Francis Aiello and I just want to say "thanks" for your site. I wanted to take the time and say how helpful it has been for me. I have used this site repeatedly over the course of this last year for helping me lead sixth graders. Along with that it has also helped me as well in my understanding of my own faith as well. Thank you so much. Fran
- Dear Friends, Just been reading Matt Slicks articles on Roman Catholicism. As a former RC I think its one of the best I've seen !! Is Matt a former RC? If not its very good. We have great confusion hear through the evangelism course Alpha which though very good is led by Nicky Gumbell who has no problems with the Pope! They even produce an Alpha for Catholics course providing all the materials for teaching about all things Catholic! I'm reformed in my theology but also believe in the baptism of the Spirit and the gifts of the spirit, one of which is discernment!!...I'm encouraged to believe that Christ will have His sheep from whatever dodgy church and bring them to Himself. Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!! Mike Ramsay UK
- Hi Matt, just a note to say I support your ministry. I've enrolled in your three schools (in the past) and recently purchased the Roman Catholic class. I'm a contributing super member on the forums and I listen to all your podcasts. I enjoy the podcasts a lot. I attend a Nazarene church in the Vancouver BC area in Canada. So you know the challenges that I have, but I feel this is where I should be for now. Im doing what I can to work apologetics into my church. Keep up the good work... God bless. Doug
- I define a Christian as someone who believes Christ is the son of God and lived and died for our sins. By my definition Mormons are Christians, Jews and Muslims are not. I believe your definition of a Christian is destructive. Humble thyself.
- Hello, I understand that you are trying to inform people of what you believe and do the right thing. However I see that your information on other religions is misinterpreted, inaccurate, and in some cases completely false. In reading your page on Mormons I was flabbergasted by the false hood of almost everything you claimed they believed. I feel that this discredits your website and it is in the best interest of you and your viewers to make sure your information is properly interpreted or even true. Thank You
- Your website is truly sickening and disturbing. I was just reading your justifications for why the Bible contains passages commanding the stoning to death of rebellious sons, as well as women who are not virgins when they marry. Your justification can be summed up with the following: these laws were relavant 3000 years ago when the Bible was written, but no longer pertain today. I would just like to point out some huge holes in your reasoning. First, how can you say that the Bible is the perfect, inspired word of the creator of the universe? If this were true, wouldn't the Bible be just as relative today as it was 3,000 years ago? Secondly, if these verses are no longer relative, why hasn't God released a revised edition of the Bible that has been updated for modern, intelligent, human beings? Lastly, how can you reasonably say that the verses prescribing death and destruction for a wide array of imaginary crimes are no longer relavant, but in the same breath say homosexuality was just as wrong 3,000 years ago as it is today? Your website's reasoning is ad hoc, inconsistent, and lacks intellectual integrity. I don't expect a response to this email, as I know Christians are extremely intolerant of criticism and scrutiny.
- A staggering number of people have been taught that a select few Christians will spend forever in a peaceful, joyous place called heaven, while the rest of humanity spends forever in torment and punishment in hell with no chance for anything better. It's been clearly communicated to many that this belief is a central truth of the Christian faith and to reject it is, in essence, to reject Jesus. This is misguided and toxic and ultimately subverts the contagious spread of Jesus's message of love, peace, forgiveness, and joy that our world desperately needs to hear.
Our mailing address: CARM, PO BOX 1353, Nampa, Idaho, 83651
Our telephone: 208.466.1301
Copyright (C) 2012 Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry. All rights reserved.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.