From Matt Slick, President
- Thanks to those who have sent items from the Amazon Wish List - We greatly appreciate it. The only problem is that we don't know who sends the items to CARM since the process is annoynmous. So, I wanted to say thanks to whoever you are, all of you. If you need a receipt for something you've purchased for CARM, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information. We really appreciate your generosity and it does help the CARM ministry. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!. (CARM's Amazon Wish List)
- January Apologetics Conference - In early January I will be teaching a week-long seminar on apologetics, thinking, logic, doctrine, etc., here in the Boise, Idaho area. A local church is letting us use their facility in which to meet. Several people are flying in. I'm not charging for this because I want to use it as a framework for developing apologetics seminar course work for churches.
- One person who really wants to attend is out of work and can't afford the airfare. If anyone would like to contribute $400 for him so we can fly him out from Kentucky, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The Influence - Reminder, my book The Influence is now out in hard back via Amazon.com. My publisher says it is doing well. If you want to check it out in hard copy, click here. -- Also, if you order a hard back, could you kindly go to Amazon and post a comment? If you'd like an autographed copy of The Influence, go here.
- 180 Movie: We passed out almost 3,000 DVDs on the Boise State University Campus on 10/25/11. Most people on campus were very polite. Some weren't. One woman I spoke to about it (abortion), said that the life in the mother's womb was "a partial human". Hmm, partial human? When I asked her, what that meant, she said she didn't want to talk to me. One guy who had a "God and Country" jacket on, cussed me out. A few people handed the DVDs back, but most seemed willing to check it out. Praise God! May the Lord use it to change the minds of people. The video is embedded on CARM if you want to take a look. If you want to see a short video of the event, go here.
- CARM Redesign is coming - We are in the early stages of redesigning the CARM website. It'll retain the same navigation system, but will have more bells and whistles. If you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seriously. We really want to know what you think of CARM, its site, navigation, deficiencies, etc. We want to make it better and now is the time for you to offer your two cents. Thanks.
- Released the Dictionary of Philosophy - I released the dictionary of philosophy and am continuing to fill it in. www.carm.org/dictionary-philosophy-intro. Check it out.
- Dictionary of False Terms - I am developing a dictionary of false terms that lists the different theological words such a Trinity, Grace, etc. and shows how Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Roman Catholicism, Islam, etc. use the terms and define them incorrectly. This way people can see how the false groups define the terms. Oh, and each term is also defined correctly so people will know what to compare the errors against. It will take a few weeks to complete.
- Pray for CARM's Expansion - There's so much that needs to be done (research on groups, videos, books, seminars, radio expansion, etc.) that I've been praying frequently for the Lord to open the doors for us to get an office and a staff. I have no idea what will happen in the economy, how difficult it will be for Christians to move forward in the face in the coming years, or what God has in store. Nevertheless, by faith I continue to trust the Lord and ask that he would expand the borders of CARM so that he might be glorified in the body of Christ edified. So, please pray with us first of all that God will be done in second that it be within God's will expand this ministry, you provide the funds and the people.
Love and Hate Mail
- "Just a short email to thank you for such good teaching and defense of the true word of God. In today's world there is so much error and I really thank God for you and your ministry. I pray that you will continue to be strong and that God will protect you, your family and your ministry from the evil one so that you may continue this wonderful ministry."
- "I just wanted to say that love the show, unfortunately i am only available to hear it in its podcast form. But it's a daily routine for me to listen to that podcast every morning while at work. I like most subject matter on the show, but my favorite is listening to Matt debate the atheists. I tend to enjoy the actual debate format, so both parties can talk and present their arguments in a organized manner. Great ministry and dedication from the whole CARM team, bless you guys." JP
- "I have listened to your interviews with William P Young and I have been to the CARM site and I have many concerns. First of all you hurt my faith and relationship with the Lord. You have created this image of the Lord being totally unapproachable and a God that rules with a baseball bat ready to strike anyone who falls short. I can understand where you are coming from but I also understand William Young's approach and I feel Young's approach is needed in the world because people don't understand that Jesus died for our sins and that he bore all of our sins on the cross so that we can be saved from our sin...I feel you discount messages, no matter how good, because of a theological error, no matter how small, that may not even impact the overall message....Your words hurt me deeply because I know it pains the Lord to see this type of polarization happening in the Church, His Church. I feel your testimony is very harmful to the church and people who are searching for Jesus and don't know about His grace. It's not about words and knowledge, it's about a relationship with our Lord Jesus. A deep, intimate relationship. I don't pretend or try to understand the Lord, I just know that he sent Jesus to die for our sins because He loves us. I know I have him and I know he has me in his hand. I am sorry for my objections and concerns but I ask you respect them and try to see it from my eyes." Mark
- "I am getting sick and tired of you CARM censors attacking this Gnostic Christian for posting my Gnostic Christian beliefs. You are not God nor do you have a monopoly on Christian beliefs. What you CARM bigots are doing is carrying on religious warfare against Gnostic Christians who have every bit as right to their Christian beliefs as you do. If you had any recognized higher level religious scholarship behind your type of fundamentalist Christian views then I might be able to recognize valid and honest intellectual criticism. But you guys don't bother with honesty or intelligence. All you care about is protecting your own belief system from criticism by getting rid of the criticism and the critics. This is intellectual cowardice and not fitting for any Christian who believes the truth shall set you free. Please stop your prejudicial and unfair attacks on my posts. You let fundies post their views without censorship so why pick on me? Well, we know why you do it but religious warfare is unnecessary for those of us who do follow Jesus and God's teachings which need no strong arm protection." Stephen