CARM newsletter 12-27-11
From Matt Slick, President
- Merry Christmas to everyone! Christmas is a great time of the year. Unfortunately, some people think it is about shoving their way into a store, shooting people over shoes, punching others, swipping products from someone's cart, pushing through an isle, and demanding the best price. However, Christians know what it is about: the birth of the Savior.
I had the pleasure of preaching on Christmas morning. The sermon was from Isaiah 9:6, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders. And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” With the birth of Jesus, the infinitely powerful and majestic creator became a baby that could be held in his mother's arms. The humble submission of The Word to both God the Father and his earthly parents is what lead to the crucifixion where our sins were atoned for. Praise be to the Lord God for His incredible gift of The Son.
- Happy New Year! We, at CARM, pray for you and yours to have a blessed New Year that will bring you into an even closer relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus!
- Need three beta testers for the Family Training Course: I've begun working on the family training course again and I am looking for three beta testers. The first three to email me at [email protected] will be picked....but you need to have kids and be willing to give me feedback.
- JW Research CD: Does anyone have access to the latest Jehovah's Witness CD/DVD? I'm trying to get a hold of one. My most current copy is 2001. Thanks.
- CARM Office 2012? There is so much to do at CARM that there is no possible way I can keep up with it. For example, I just checked the CARM email account. There is a total of 977 unanswered emails! We need an office and staff. Perhaps, by God's grace, 2012 will be the year we can get both. We need both financial and prayer support. Please pray about this as there is such a great need to provide the body of Christ with good biblical information, exposure of false religious systems, answers to secular challenges, provision for family teaching, videos and books, etc. The only thing holding us back is the finances. At the present rate of return visitors on a daily basis, if just ONE in 1000 people that visited carm were to sign up for a five dollar month donation it would only take about three months to be able to afford an office and three staff members. Please pray to see if this might be something the Lord would be calling you to participate in with us.
- January Apologetics Conference - In early January I will be teaching a 4 day seminar on apologetics, thinking, logic, doctrine, etc., here in the Boise, Idaho area. A local church is letting us use their facility in which to meet. Several people are flying in. I'm not charging for this because I want to use it as a framework for developing apologetics seminar course work for churches. Please pray for this outreach.
New Articles Released Since Last Newsletter
- The Roman Catholic view of the Roman Catholic Church
- Isaiah 9:6 Unto us a Child is born
- Summary of Roman Catholic Teachings about Mary
- Women pastors and a lack of a biblical worldview
- Summary of process of salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Attaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Maintaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Regaining Salvation in Roman Catholicism
- Paltalk Critics A - M; N - Z
- Questions for Atheists
- Early Church Fathers Quotes by Topic
- What is dispensationalism?
- Dictionary of False Terms: Damnation
- Dictionary of False Terms: Christianity
- If Jesus is God, then why did he say "my God my God why have you forsaken me"?
- Dictionary of False Terms: Authority
- Help CARM with a simple click - Social networking is becoming a very important part of the Internet. With ministries like CARM, in order to stay relevant and show up on the first page of Google search, it is necessary for us to use Facebook, Twitter, and Google +1. You can help us a great deal by going to CARM and clicking on any article that you like and "liking" it with the Facebook button, and if you are registered with Google you can click on the Google plus. You can also tweet the web addresses on twitter. Thanks.
- Amazon Wish List - We greatly appreciate it. The only problem is that we don't know who sends the items to CARM since the process is annoynmous. So, I wanted to say thanks to whoever you are, all of you. If you need a receipt for something you've purchased for CARM, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your information. We really appreciate your generosity and it does help the CARM ministry. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!. (CARM's Amazon Wish List)
- Facebook - If you want to help CARM quickly and easily, please go to the CARM home page and "Like" CARM. It only takes a few seconds and it will really help us out. Thanks.
- CARM Chat Room - We now have a chat room located at http://forums.carm.org/vbb/ustream.htm
- CARM store - at http://store.carm.org.
- Prayer Support - http://www.carm.org/christianity/prayer-ministry/CARM-prayer-needs .
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/CARMorg. We post stuff throughout the day.
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/CARMorg/120953067927144
- CARM Toolbar - http://CARM.OurToolbar.com
- 15% Discount on Logos Bible Software. Just go to http://www.logos.com/CARM and use CARM5 as the code.
- Advertise with CARM - contact us at [email protected]
- On this day of Thanksgiving, I want to take this opportunity to let you know just how important and valuable you and your ministry have been to me...But by the Grace of God I found CARM. I think I had read just about every article your website in just a few days. And the answers to my questions on the radio show have been invaluable. You have no idea how much you and CARM have been a blessing on my journey. Without CARM I'm sure I would be floundering, instead of having a confidence of the things I have learned. (By the way, just for the record, as a matter of respect to my pastor and being a newbie and all, I DO talk with him about the things we talk about on radio. You and he have a lot of common ground...I think you guys would like each other if you ever met.) I pray for you and your ministry....and once I get back to work I will remember CARM in my giving. Until then: Thank you, keep up the good work and just know that you DO make a difference...Peace and God bless!!
- I've become a devoted listener via podcasts. I have been praying for you and your ministry daily for some time now. Keep up the good work and may God grant you great success with your new name of CARM Radio.
- God bless you an keep you, i've looked over your site and you speak/teach from the Bible. I pray for your success and that God will continue usuing you and yours for His work.
- I would be grateful if you would confirm which particular flavour of which particular god you are peddling?
- you are a misguided people you know not GOD. get educated in GODS word,creeps
- Regarding your position on Women in Ministry, I firmly believe and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your position has been posited in error. The Holy Spirit could not have been the author of this position, since He is not a God who will be limited by our opinions or mis-interpretations of His Word. He is a God who responds to a soul willing to yield to Him in every way. To a person willing and obedient to do as He says. God is no respecter of persons and His Word says that He will pour out His Spirit on all flesh. That our sons AND daughters will prophecy. God's spirit does not respond to gender but to our willingness and obedience and to those who will avail themselves to Him. I am one speaking from experiencing God's mighty love and power and hearing His plans for my own life. I am also a first hand witness to several women whom God is using to do His might work in this land before His very soon return. He is placing them, ordaining them as Ministers, Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, Apostles and Evangelists to His people. These persons I do believe must have only one husband as scripture says and if they were male, I would also agree with scripture that they should have only one wife. I truly believe that your post on Women in Ministry is dangerous and misleading to many women whom God may be calling, and who may be searching for answers only to find a brick wall, a closed door before them in your articles on this topic. This is never God's intention or plan. God does not limit us or place His power in a gender box, why should we? God will use whoever will avail themselves to Him as I have seen and experienced first hand. He can use anyone to lead His people, once we are willing and obedient. Male, 'female, child, slave or free all are one in Christ Jesus. All He asks for is a willing vessel and a 'yes'. I understand the argument that there must be order in the church and that men should take on the leadership pastoral role in the Church, however, with less and less men taking up this responsibilty, less and less men who are willing to avail themselves to God, less and less men willing to submit and obey Him, God will use those who are present, willing to obey Him and be used by Him - women. Please seek God's face and counsel in prayer and fasting again on this topic, I will too. Perhaps there is more revelation to be received regarding this for such a time as this, as I can't see how limiting God's people is in any way assisting in the advancement of His Kingdom. This teaching can be highly dangerous and a tremendously unfortunate position for any member of the Body of Christ to take. With what God is pouring out into His people male and female at this time, any person will be hard pressed to deny an all powerful God His desire to use us as He sees fit, not as we see fit. Please feel free to view the following links and let me know what you think of this testimony. It is only an example. I live and witness similar testimonies daily....Thank you and May God richly bless you and your ministry.
- Dude take that b.s. about hell forever off your website. You are leading people astray. Not good. May the Lord teach you the truth, you just have to listen to His wisdom. Think about it.
- YOUR ATTACK ON THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ITS FOUNDATION IN STUPIDITY. I FORGIVE YOUR BIGOTRY AND HATRED BECAUSE IT IS BASED ON STUPIDTY
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.