- Merry Christmas - Instead of wishing you a Happy Holidays, I'm going to wish you a Merry Christmas (belated), and a Happy New Year! Jesus is the reason for the season and we Christians must keep that in mind...not only during Christmas, but every day of the year.
- Thank you to everyone who has supported CARM - A lot of people have helped CARM financially and the result has been fantastic. We are still keeping the lights on, paying part time salaries, doing the radio show (www.carm.org/radio), writing articles, and much more. Just know that because of the support, I am able to work on CARM between 60 - 70 hours a week. Praise God!
- New Articles on CARM - Since the last newsletter we have added over 40 articles to the site. You can check them out at http://carm.org/new.
- Ecommerce Help! - This is a biggie. If you are very good at ecommerce and/or php development, and/or Drupal please consider being hired by CARM to help us out. We need a revamp of the CARM ecommerce system...and boy, do we need it badly! The problem is that I have been the one piecing things together and, to be honest, I'm not nearly good enough to do it right. We need a solution set for taking orders, recurring donations, shopping cart integration, paypal integration, authorize.net integration, a system to govern the access to the schools when people purchase the online access, etc. We would LIKE everything to be fully integrated into Drupal. But, I realize that may not be possible. That's alright. We need a clean, efficient system in place ASAP and we are ready to hire someone. Several segments of the ecommerce system are broken and I don't know what to do. So, if you KNOW your stuff (or know someone who does) and want to help, please contact us at [email protected]. This is a big need. Thanks.
- Office and Staff - I am still praying regularly for an increase in revenue sufficient enough to cover the costs of an office and staff of 2 - 3 people. I am so busy, all the time, with all sorts of projects, fixes, etc., that I'm not producing for CARM nearly as much as I would like to. We want a staff so we can write more articles, develop video projects, get an apologetics magazine going, coordinate training camps in different parts of the U.S., etc. There is just so much to do. So, if you'd pray about that, I would greatly appreciate it. Pray that if the Lord wills, we would get what we need. Remember, his will be done, not ours.
- Roman Catholic Course - I am scheduled to start teaching a class on Roman Catholicism at a local church in January. For the past few weeks I've been preparing for the class in developing a manual. It is taking a great deal of effort to produce the manual, have it look good, be informative, flow well, and be well documented. But, I think it will be well worth the effort. People are excited about it. Afterwards, I plan to pick up the family training course and try and finish that.
- The Infuence - My Christian fiction novel "The Influence" is doing well on Kindle. The book teaches good biblical theology, in an apologetic that is woven into a story of a man, Angels, demonic forces, etc. If you are interested in checking it out and reading the reviews, go here.
- You Tube - In case you're not aware or have forgotten, CARM has videos on youtube. You can access them at http://www.youtube.com/carmvideos. Check them out and leave comments and give thumbs up because a lot of unbelievers, who don't like the videos, automatically give thumbs down. Also, you might enjoy them. God bless.
- Facebook Like Button - CARM has installed a "Like Button" for Facebook. If you like an article on CARM, click on the like button at the bottom and it will be promoted on Facebook. Thanks.
- Amazon Wish List - The CARM Amazon Wish List worked well. Thanks to those of you who purchased and sent computer parts for CARM. I have built a new computer system and am using it now. It is much faster and is able to use a lot more RAM which means I can get a lot more done. So, thank you very much. Your support has manifested in real time with an increase in productivity here at CARM.
- Got Suggestions for this Newsletter? - If so, please email them to [email protected]. Thanks.
Love and Hate Mail
- I just wanted to let you know that I have been listening to your show for about a year now and I really appreciate your ministry. It is a blessing to have a strong Christian brother standing up to the faith with excellent, logical, and most importantly, Scriptural arguments. Please continue to keep and share the faith, and may God bless your ministry, so that you can continue to keep the airwaves going.
- Hello Matt and company. Thank you for the articles in general and for the ones on relativism specifically. This limp noodle ideology called relativism is just no good and it is with great gusto that I chowed down on your articles that refute it! Sadly, here in Africa, such corrosive thinking is becoming the norm in the more wealthy and westernized parts and peoples. When somebody says "It's true for you but not for me.", it's kinda like when you're trying to prove a point with somebody and when you get to that yes or no time, they say "whatever". Actually, now that I think about it, that should be the relativist's moto! "Whatever!" Ok, joking aside, I want to thank you and your team for all the work you've all done and continue to do. Few are the defenders these days and the articles are helping some of us to catch up and lend a hand too! I have no scripture or words of wisdom to share with you at this time but know that I do think upon and pray for you, your family and colleagues and I hope to see many more Bible based, Spirit led, logical article being published for a long time to come or until the Father leads otherwise.
- I visited your site and was pleasantly surprised. I am a born again Christian who shares your beliefs and was delighted to find others that share my beliefs. Thank you for the way you allow others to "agree to disagree" and for "hating the sin but loving the sinner"
- Today was the first time I found your site. It is an answer to prayer and so many questions! Thank You.
- I wanted to thank you for your website! It helped me do more research into the NWT and what I found was shocking. I realized that there teachings were not biblical and I thank you for for bringing me to realize that I was not in the truth. I also thank God because I have had the veil removed. To all the Jehovah Witnesses I would like to say buy a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and an Interlinear Greek, Hebrew, and English. Do the research into the translation your using.
- Thank you for your website! I found the answer to one of my questions right away. May God bless you.
- I have just found your site and am happily reading. Thank you for all this research and also for the tone that you have in your writings. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!
- Dear you fools who run this pathetic waste of a site, Your attempts to spread christianity by altering the purpose of islam is completely ignorant. Profit Mihammad (PBUH) was not a sinner at all. He was a very gentle man who had none obligations but what he was told to do. You guys are cowards with a retarded religion. Since when does wine become the blood of christ, and how was he crucifide? This is such bull. It also doesn't make sence that christians do alll the opposite of the characteristics of a true human being. Why do (Christians) even dare to portray such inhuman behavior. Eating pork, which is inevitably bad for you, which also has many enzymes that causes numerous diseases. Do me a favor, look in the mirror and see how big of a fool you are. Do we do this? Check any website where we alter christianity. Please, i challenge you to do so. Honestly, i gaurentee you're dumb old white man who clearly has no knowledge of even your own religion. I clearly espect your religion even though it makes no sence, and science has no proof over it, where as islam has infinite, i don't alter or make rude statements. In conclusion, you're a dumb*** idiot who needs to delete that made up stuff, and get your facts straight. Also, if you want to argue, i'll prove your dumb*** wrong in somany ways you can't even think to imagine. Good Luck you coward. Peace
- WHO AM I? I am one of GOD's children asking you to scriptually - biblically back up what you are saying? You are the one who is so arrogant that you do not believe it is necessary or you know you can't. You are the one that has put out YOUR false statements on the internet and won't even attempt to back it up with biblical evidence.
You are the one that says -"I, Matt Slick, say so its, so and that's good enough. I don't have to prove anything." You falsely attack other people's worship and beliefs, say things that are the exact opposite of what the BIBLE says. We want proof. There are enough lies out there. Because there are thousands of false prophets and you may be one of the many. Don't you get it ... if it's not in the BIBLE you can't say that it is... ALL you have to do is back what you say "scripturally". PROVE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN SCRIPTUALLY or get off the internet....
- Thank you for your presentation of Mormonism. But the churchianity cult which you represent isn't that far from the necromancy unchrist practice of Joe Smith's sect. What Jesus instructed his students to do, the members of mormon and churchianity fail to do. There is no Christian "doctrine" according to the Master but the consciousness and practice of divine Love. Both you and the ones you criticize are huung up on "doctrines" while failing Love, the Mind that was in Christ Jesus. You are no more "Christian" than Mormons. The church that loves and heals correlates to the teachings and example of Christ. Please publish this on your website. Thank you.
- Dear Rev. Slick, After reading your website, the only thing that occurred to me was that you should obey what your own holy book says in Deuteronomy 23:13. It could not make less sense if you had interspersed a Chinese business document with random passages from Dr. Seuss and bits of scientific literature. Oh, wait, you don't believe in science, do you? My bad. However, as your sibling unit in GoOMU (the God of Our Many Understandings), I am compelled to write to you because I believe your problem may have a medical basis. I learned in my microbiology class that a person's stool is about 1/2 microbes by weight, so you may be suffering from an excess of intestinal flora. As the microorganisms in the gut are also responsible for caloric extraction from food, this would also explain why you are so fat. It makes too much sense. Please see your doctor. Peace and justice, - A total stranger.
- stumbled upon your website--thought it would be a decent one until you listed Catholics under: Major Religious Movements. Unbelievable. The Church that Jesus Christ founded. Wow. So you think you know more than Christ? Amazing and very scary that ones that write on this site think that way.
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.