Other books mentioned in the Bible
Sometimes, cult groups will attempt to justify the existence of newly inspired books (i.e., Book of Mormon) by citing reference to other books mentioned in the Bible. They erringly conclude that because the Bible sometimes mentions another book that the book is either a lost book of the Bible or it somehow justifies their claim to newly inspired writings.
Just because the Bible references another book does not mean that that book is inspired. The exception, of course, is when the Bible references other inspired books within itself. Nevertheless, these books are not lost books of the Bible. They were never considered inspired.
- The Book of Wars - Num. 21:14
- The Book of Jasher - Josh. 10:13
- The Chronicles of David - 1 Chron. 27:24
- The Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah - 2 Chron. 27:7; 35:27; 36:8
- The Book of the Kings of Israel - 1 Chron. 9:1; 2 Chron. 20:34.
- The Words of the Kings of Israel - 2 Chron. 33:18.
- The Decree of David the King of Israel - 2 Chron. 35:4.
- The Chronicles of Samuel the Seer - 1 Chron. 29:29
- The Chronicles of Nathan the Prophet - 1 Chron. 29:29
- The Book of Gad - 1 Chron. 29:29
- The Book of the Prophet Iddo - 2 Chron. 13:22
- The Words of Shemaiah the Prophet - 2 Chron. 12:15
- The Deeds of Uzziah by Isaiah the Prophet - 2 Chron. 26:22; 32:32
- The Book of Jehu - 2 Chron. 20:34
- The Record book of Ahasuerus - Esther 2:23; 6:1
- The Book of Remembrance - Mal. 3:16
- The Book of Life - Dan. 12:1; Phil. 4:3; Rev. 20:11; 22:19
- The Book of Judgment - Dan. 7:10; Rev. 20:12
- The seven-sealed book - Rev. 5:1, 13.
- An angel's book - Rev. 10:2
This article is also available in: Español
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
- Misc. Info about the Bible
- Dictionary of terms
- How to Interpret the Bible
- Is the Bible inspired?
- Bible Chronology of the Old Testament
- Bible Chronology of the New Testament
- Books of the Old Testament
- Books of the New Testament
- What is the Canon of Scripture?
- Other books mentioned in the Bible
- When was the Bible written and who wrote it?
- When was the book of Acts written?
- When were the gospels written and by whom?
- The Greek and Hebrew Alphabet with numeric equivalents
Help CARM by Liking It!
15% Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.