by Matt Slick
Like it or not, President Trump has taken a bold step to limit immigration into the United States from countries where Muslim extremists flourish. Countries like Syria have been a source of fighting-age-men of Islamic faith who, according to ISIS, are seeking to infiltrate America in order to war against it and bring Islam into control. By contrast, Obama let thousands of Syrian refugees into the U.S., which provided an opportunity for ISIS to plant Muslim militants into their numbers. So, Trump acted quickly once he got into office and put a stop to the infiltration.
- "Trump on Friday [1/27/2017] suspended refugee admissions for four months and indefinitely banned those from war-torn Syria, pending program changes that are to ensure refugees won't harm national security."1
- "It also suspends entry for 90 days from certain nations based on statute related to the Visa Waiver Program. The most recent version of that program lists Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen."2
What is his order? Is President Trump banning Muslims, or is he banning the infiltration of terrorists? Let's take a look.
“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave. We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting. This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days. I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”3
So Trump is not banning Islam. He is not banning Muslims. He is trying to protect our country by restricting immigration from terrorist countries. Therefore, we have to ask, is Trump a paranoid racist or is his suspension the right thing to do? That is a matter of opinion. But, please consider the following quotes.
- "AN OPERATIVE working for Islamic State has revealed the terror group [ISIS] has successfully smuggled thousands of covert jihadists into Europe. The Syrian operative claimed more than 4,000 covert ISIS gunmen had been smuggled into western nations – hidden amongst innocent refugees....The operative said the undercover infiltration was the beginning of a larger plot to carry out revenge attacks in the West in retaliation for the US-led coalition airstrikes."4
- "On October 08, 2015, FBI director James Comey acknowledged in congressional testimony that “a number of people who were of serious concern” had slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees. In fact, those people of concern were ISIS terrorists...ISIS has already successfully used the refugee program as cover to infiltrate terrorists into our country, who were later caught on tape discussing terrorist attacks here in America."5
Obviously, both Europe and America have already had ISIS loyalists infiltrate their borders. It is for this reason that Trump has done what he has done. He's trying to protect American interests and not let unvetted Muslim immigrants enter our country when terrorists bent on destroying America, could be within their ranks.
Now, we recognize that the majority the Muslims coming into America are peace-loving. It is only those who take the Quran seriously and are willing to die for what it teaches, that should concern us. After all, Muslims are supposed to follow the Quran. Consider these verses from within its pages.
- "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (Surah 9:5, underline added).
- "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (Surah 9:29, underline added).
The Quran teaches the Muslim to go to war with all who do not believe in Islam. Like it or not, that's what it says. All you have to do is think of the terrorist attacks all over the world. In fact, just check out the website, thereligionofpeace.com for evidence of Islam's present and continued violence. Most Americans are completely unaware that the Quran advocates violence as a legitimate option for expanding Islam.
- "Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value)." (Surah 4:74, Yusifali).
- "Allah's Apostle said, "Allah guarantees (to the person who carries out Jihad in His Cause and nothing compelled him to go out but Jihad in His Cause and the belief in His Word) that He will either admit him into Paradise (Martyrdom) or return him with reward or booty he has earned to his residence from where he went out," (Hadith Vol. 9, Book 93, # 555).
Islam is by nature a violent religion. In fact, it is full of declarations to fight against non-muslims. Following is a partial list in the Quran that supports this truth. Surah 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75-76; 5:33; 8:12; 8:65; 8:65; 9:5; 9:29; 9:73, 9:123; 33:60-62. This is why so many Muslims believe ISIS accurately reflects their faith.
- Al Jazeera poll, 81% of respondents approved of ISIS.6
- Saudi Arabia, 92% of Saudis say ISIS conforms to Islamic Law.7
- America, 38% of American Muslims says ISIS beliefs are correct and 43% disagree. 8
- Britain, about 1/2 of Muslims support ISIS, ICM (Mirror) Poll 2015: 9
If what the Quran says and the polls aren't enough to convince people that Islam is a serious threat to western nations, then perhaps they might be interested in the statistics concerning the increased level of violence that occurs with the increase of the Muslim population in a country. See my article Islamic Statistics on violence, rape, terror, sharia, isis, and welfare, subsection "Terrorism". Universally, as Muslim populations grow in a non-Muslim country, violence increases.
The Quran teaches the doctrine of immigration, known as Hijrah. Among a scope of meaning, it includes infiltrating countries in order to extend the reach and influence of Islam.
"He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful," (Surah 4:100, Hilali Khan).
This is, of course, something we should all be concerned about. ISIS is using immigration and the refugee crisis to plant Islamic radicals within their numbers in order to enter Europe and America.
Protests Against Trump's Immigration Policies
In spite of the facts and danger to America posed by ISIS infiltration, many are protesting against President Trump's immigration policies.
- "The protesters gathered in Terminal 4 at JFK and carried signs reading, "We are all immigrants!" and "No ban! No wall!""10
- "Protesters in Los Angeles, Across US Decry Trump’s Immigration Policies"11
- "Protesters gather at airports across the U.S. against President Trump’s immigration policies"12
There are many such accounts all over America and even in other countries where people are protesting President Trump. But, like it or not, he's moving with the swift and firm hand.
In my opinion, those who want Muslims to immigrate into our country from places like Syria, do not understand what Islam teaches and are ignorant of its danger. It is unfortunate that the evil workings of ISIS have sabotaged the opportunities of peaceful refugees who rightfully must flee their home countries or risk death if they stay. We Americans have a long history of accepting immigrants from all over the world. It's one of the things that makes us great. However, we must be wise. If there is a sworn enemy of our country who is ruthless and cares not about the difference between military and civilians but seeks to kill both, then we must take action to protect ourselves.
- 1. foxnews.com/us/2017/01/28/custom-officials-enforcing-trump-immigration-ban-at-us-airports.html
- 2. nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-grants-temporary-stay-trump-refugee-order-n713671
- 3. bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/01/29/read-trump-full-statement-his-immigration-order/7qV6aHU6Ad9l85HkZX2HGN/story.html, underline added
- 4. express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees
- 5. aei.org/publication/isis-terrorists-have-already-infiltrated-america-posing-as-refugees/
- 6. muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/poll-81-of-muslims-around-the-world-support-islamic-state-al-jazeera-arabic-poll/
- 7. muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/92-of-saudis-believes-that-isis-conforms-to-the-values-of-islam-and-islamic-law-survey
- 8. centerforsecuritypolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/150612-CSP-Polling-Company-Nationwide-Online-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf
- 9. mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/muslim-leader-isis-supporting-brits-disenfranchised-6018357
- 10. cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/us-immigration-protests/index.html
- 11. ktla.com/2017/01/28/protesters-across-us-decry-trumps-immigration-policies/
- 12. whnt.com/2017/01/28/protesters-gather-at-airports-across-the-u-s-against-president-trumps-immigration-policies/