Introduction, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 52 - The Mount
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the Mount (of Revelation);
2. By a Decree inscribed
3. In a Scroll unfolded;
4. By the much-frequented Fane;
5. By the Canopy Raised High;
6. And by the Ocean filled with Swell -
7. Verily, the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to pass -
8. There is none can avert it -
9. On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion.
10. And the mountains will fly hither and thither.
11. Then woe that Day to those that treat (Truth) as Falsehood -
12. That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles.
13. That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell, irresistibly.
14. “This,” it will be said, “Is the Fire - which ye were wont to deny!
15. “Is this then a fake, or is it ye that do not see?
16. “Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it with patience, or not: Ye but receive the recompense of your (own) deeds.”
17. As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness -
18. Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.
19. (To them will be said:) “Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds.”
20. They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
21. And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith - to them shall We join their families: Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.
22. And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they shall desire.
23. They shall there exchange, one with another, a (loving) cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of ill.
24. Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them. Youths (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.
25. They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual enquiry.
26. They will say: “Aforetime, we were not without fear for the sake of our people.
27. “But Allah has been good to us, and has delivered us from the Penalty of the Scorching Wind.
28. “Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!”
29. Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord): for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no (vulgar) soothsayer, nor art thou one possessed.
30. Or do they say - “A Poet! We await for him some calamity (hatched) by Time!”
31. Say thou: “Await ye! - I too will wait along with you!”
32. Is it that their faculties of understanding urge them to this, or are they but a people transgressing beyond bounds?
33. Or do they say, “He fabricated the (Message)”? Nay, they have no faith!
34. Let them then produce a recital like unto it - If (it be) they speak the truth!
35. Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.
37. Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or are they the managers (of affairs)?
38. Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof.
39. Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
40. Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward, so that they are burdened with a load of debt? -
41. Or that the Unseen in it their hands, and they write it down?
42. Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who defy Allah are themselves involved in a Plot!
43. Or have they a god other than Allah? Exalted is Allah far above the things they associate with Him!
44. Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on them), they would (only) say: “Clouds gathered in heaps!”
45. So leave them alone until they encounter that Day of theirs, wherein they shall (perforce) swoon (with terror) -
46. The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing and no help shall be given them.
47. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another punishment besides this: But most of them understand not.
48. Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,
49. And for part of the night also praise thou Him - and at the retreat of the stars!
|52. Surah At-Tur (The Mount)
1. By the Mount;
2. And by the Book Inscribed.
3. In parchment unrolled.
4. And by the Bait-ul-Ma'mur (the house over the heavens parable to the Ka'bah at Makkah, continuously visited by the angels);
5. And by the roof raised high (i.e. the heaven).
6. And by the sea kept filled (or it will be fire kindled on the Day of Resurrection).
7. Verily, the Torment of your Lord will surely come to pass,
8. There is none that can avert it;
9. On the Day when the heaven will shake with a dreadful shaking,
10. And the mountains will move away with a (horrible) movement.
11. Then woe that Day to the beliers;
12. Who are playing in falsehood.
13. The Day when they will be pushed down by force to the Fire of Hell, with a horrible, forceful pushing.
14. This is the Fire which you used to belie.
15. Is this magic, or do you not see?
16. Taste you therein its heat, and whether you are patient of it or impatient of it, it is all the same. You are only being requited for what you used to do.
17. Verily, the Muttaqun (pious) will be in Gardens (Paradise), and Delight.
18. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and (the fact that) their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire.
19. "Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do."
20. They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris (female, fair ones) with wide lovely eyes.
21. And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned.
22. And We shall provide them with fruit and meat, such as they desire.
23. There they shall pass from hand to hand a (wine) cup, free from any Laghw (dirty, false, evil vague talk between them), and free from sin (because it will be legal for them to drink).
24. And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls.
25. And some of them draw near to others, questioning.
26. Saying: "Aforetime, we were afraid with our families (from the punishment of Allah).
27. "But Allah has been gracious to us, and has saved us from the torment of the Fire.
28. "Verily, We used to invoke Him (Alone and none else) before. Verily, He is Al-Barr (the Most Subtle, Kind, Courteous, and Generous), the Most Merciful."
29. Therefore, remind and preach (mankind, O Muhammad of Islamic Monotheism). By the Grace of Allah, you are neither a soothsayer, nor a madman.
30. Or do they say: "(Muhammad is) a poet! We await for him some calamity by time.!"
31. Say (O Muhammad to them): "Wait! I am with you, among the waiters!"
32. Do their minds command them this [i.e. to tell a lie against you (Muhammad)] or are they people exceeding the bounds (i.e. from Belief in Allah to disbelief).
33. Or do they say: "He (Muhammad) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not!
34. Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful.
35. Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm Belief.
37. Or are with them the treasures of your Lord? Or are they the tyrants with the authority to do as they like?
38. Or have they a stairway (to heaven), by means of which they listen (to the talks of the angels)? Then let their listener produce some manifest proof.
39. Or has He (Allah) only daughters and you have sons?
40. Or is it that you (O Muhammad) ask a wage from them (for your preaching of Islamic Monotheism) so that they are burdened with a load of debt?
41. Or that the Ghaib (unseen) is with them, and they write it down?
42. Or do they intend a plot (against you O Muhammad)? But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) are themselves in a plot!
43. Or have they an ilah (a god) other than Allah? Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partners (to Him)
44. And if they were to see a piece of the heaven falling down, they would say: "Clouds gathered in heaps!"
45. So leave them alone till they meet their Day, in which they will sink into a fainting (with horror).
46. The Day when their plotting shall not avail them at all nor will they be helped (i.e. they will receive their torment in Hell).
47. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another punishment (i.e. the torment in this world and in their graves) before this, but most of them know not.
48. So wait patiently (O Muhammad) for the Decision of your Lord, for verily, you are under Our Eyes, and glorify the Praises of your Lord when you get up from sleep.
49. And in the night-time, also glorify His Praises, and at the setting of the stars.