- Attributes of God
- Genesis 17:1, "Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless."
- Exodus 6:2-3, "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord; 3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord, I did not make Myself known to them."
- Jeremiah 32:17, "Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You."
- Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"
- Psalm 139:7, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?"
- Jeremiah 23:23, "Can a man hide himself in hiding places, so I do not see him?” declares the Lord. “Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord."
- 1 John 3:20, "in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things."
- Romans 11:33, "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"
- Character of God
- God is Good
- Psalm 25:8, "Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He instructs sinners in the way."
- Psalm 119:68, "You are good and do good. Teach me Your statutes."
- God is Forgiving
- Psalm 86:5, "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You."
- Daniel 9:9, "To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him."
- God is Merciful
- Psalm 67:1, "God be gracious to us and bless us, And cause His face to shine upon us— Selah."
- James 5:11, "We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful."
- God is Patient
- Psalm 86:15, "But Thou, O Lord, art a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth."
- Romans 2:4, "Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?"
- 2 Peter 3:15, "and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you."
- God is Good
- Names of God
- Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
- Lord God
- Genesis 2:4, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven."
- God Most High
- Genesis 14:18, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; now he was a priest of God Most High."
- God Almighty
- Genesis 28:3, "And may God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples."
- I AM
- Exodus 3:14, And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” (See John 8:58)
- King of Israel
- Isaiah 44:6, "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God."
- Exodus 6:3, "and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord, I did not make Myself known to them."
- Heavently Father
- Matthew 6:26, "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"
- King Eternal
- 1 Timothy 1:17, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
- 1 Timothy 6:15, "which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords."
- Exodus 6:3, "and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord (YHWH), I did not make Myself known to them."
- Nature of God
- God is Eternal
- Psalm 90:2, "Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God."
- God is Holy
- Psalm 99:9, "Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His holy hill; for holy is the Lord our God."
- 1 Peter 1:16, "because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy."
- God is Incomprehensible
- Pslam 145:3, "Great is the Lord, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable."
- God is Light
- 1 John 1:5, "And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all."
- God is Spirit
- John 4:24, "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
- 2 Corinthians 3:17, "Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
- God is a Trinity
- Matt. 3:16-17, "And after being baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”
- Matthew 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."
- 1 Cor. 12:4-6, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."
- 2 Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."
- Jude 20-21, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."
- God is Unchangeable
- Malachi 3:6, "For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed."
- God is Eternal
- Only One God in All Existence
- Isaiah 43:10, "“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me."
- Isaiah 44:8, "Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’”
- Isaiah 45:5, "I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me."
- Apologetics Dialogues
- CARM Radio
- Cut and Paste Information
- Discussion Boards
- Email and Responses
- Evidence and Answers
- Lost Books
- Objections and Answers
- Online Schools
- Preachers and Teachers
- Recommended Websites
- Research Links
- Responding to Critics
- Verses Examined - OT
- Verses Examined - NT
- Women in Ministry
- Women's Issues
- About Angels
- About Apologetics
- About Baptism
- About the Bible
- About Bible Verses
- About the Church
- About Christianity
- About Demons
- About Doctrine
- About End Times
- About Ethics
- About Evangelism
- About God
- About Heresies
- About The Holy Spirit
- About Jesus
- About Man
- About Marriage
- About the Occult
- About Pastors
- About People
- About Prayer
- About Philosophy
- About Religions
- About Salvation
- About Sanctification
- About Science
- About Sexuality
- About Sin
- About Theology
- Other Questions
- Skeptics Ask
Help CARM by Liking It!
Discount off of Logos Bible Program.
CARM highly recommends using the Logos Bible Research Program. It is what we use. It is the best in the world. Just go to http://www.logos.com/carm. Use the coupon code of CARM6.