by Matt Slick
Christalignment is a New Age practice that uses a form of tarot cards, called destiny cards, to obtain a spiritual reading. It is an occult practice and is spiritually very dangerous. These cards have pictures on them, some with biblical themes, and they're used in a prophetic sense. The practitioners seek to learn about a person's future; hence, the term destiny cards.
It is not biblical and should be avoided by all true Christians. On the Christalignment website, there are plenty of pictures depicting people in mystical-type garb, sitting at tables, cards between people, getting readings, etc. I've been to many New Age conventions to do research and their appearance and vocabulary are identical to New Age thought.
Typical of many New Age-type philosophies are spiritual realms, heavenly realms, levels of consciousness, spiritual cleansing, Christ consciousness, dream interpretations, meditation, etc. The practitioners of Christalignment are involved with many of these practices such as dream interpretation, mind-body festivals, third heaven encounters, spiritual cleansing, physical healing, relationship recovery, and henna art.
- "We call our artists prophetic. That means that as intuitive readers themselves and artists able to connect with spirit, their art work carries meaning and power to change lives. Each painting has been done through connection to the third heaven realm."(christalignment.org/destinyreadingcards)
- "We do not interpret black and white dreams as these are coming to you from a much lower realm."
- (ibid. /what-we-offer-at-dandenong)
- "All Christalignment team members operate only out of the third heaven realm. That means that we are all hearing from Christ spirit. This ensures safety for you and a way higher level of accuracy." (ibid. /what-we-offer-at-dandenong)
The Christalignment movement uses what are called destiny cards.
- "Our unique destiny cards, which we have developed, are so accurate, that even if your life circumstances change dramatically, on your return to do them again years later, you will find the results identical, such is their accuracy.They are able to give profound insight into relationships, career and spiritual life." (ibid. /destinyreadingcards)
- "Destiny Cards are for guidance, advice and information to make your journey through life happier, more peaceful and more productive. They will help you get an answer to problems, guidance on decisions, advice on which way to turn, or lessons for the year, month, week, day or just the moment." (http://www.destinycards.com.au/about This website may or may not be related to the christalignment movement, since the card pictures are different. Nevertheless, it teaches the same principle.)
But there are other cards that they use.
- Colour Card Readings
- Colour cards are used to enhance reading using coloured agate stones. They believe the colors have meaning, especially when they are in dreams.
- Animal Card Readings
- In this process, there are methods to visualize encounters with various animals which are supposed to have special meanings to the individual practicing this method.
- Psalm Card Readings
- Only three cards are used in this reading method that are intended to represent the past, present, and future of individuals.
Christian churches and destiny cards
Unfortunately, because many Christian churches do not have good discernment, they often dabble in occult practices in order to achieve a higher spiritual reality-whatever that might mean. Following is a list of some of the articles dealing with the infiltration of destiny cards into Bethel Church in Redding.
No Christian church should have anything to do with Christalignment or destiny cards.
Christalignment, along with destiny cards, is a form of witchcraft. It is an occult practice that must be avoided by all Christians since it is a form of fortune-telling that is condemned by Scripture.
Deuteronomy 18:10–11, “There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead."