President and Founder of the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. Matt earned his Bachelors in Social Science from Concordia University, Irvine, CA, in 1988. He earned his Masters of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary in Escondido, CA, in 1991. He now resides in the Boise, Idaho area with his family. He is ordained. Matt started CARM in October of 1995 to respond to the many false teachings of the cults on the Internet.
Matt currently hosts Matt Slick Live, heard weeknights, 3-4 p.m., M-F in the Boise area and over the Internet. Call me up and challenge me.
Matt does not post anywhere on the internet on any discussion forums under the name "Matt Slick." He does post as Matt Slick in CARM's own discussion Boards, CARM's own chat room, bulletin.com, Facebook, Twitter, paltalk.com, and News websites.
Matt also uses pseudonyms when exploring, gathering information, testing ideas, and generally does not affirm or deny who he is or isn't regarding pseudonyms on the internet.
Don't miss Responding to Critics
There are a lot of critics who attack me personally. For responses to them, go to Responding to Critics
- The Daily Show, June 17, 2013
- About the Shack and Paul Young at NNU, 2010/09/23, http://www.idahopress.com/news/bestselling-author-to-speak-at-nnu-group-will-protest/article_3aed31ec-e4e3-11e0-85eb-001cc4c03286.html
- August 29-30, Seattle, Debate on Islam
- June 25-28, Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant
- June 12, Radio Interview, WBFI and WBFK out of Central Kentucky
- May 26, ABN Sat, Satellite TV
- May 20-21, Calgary, Canada, Apologetics Conference
- May 12, Salt Lake City, Utah, Heart of the Matter TV
- April 17, Decatur GA, Debate on Islam
- April 10-11, Canal Winchester, Ohio, Evangelism Conference
- Feb. 4, ABN Sat, Satellite TV
- June, Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant
- May 1, Be interviewed on Dr. Michael Brown's radio show on Black Hebrew Israelites.
- April 28-30, Portland Oregon, Filming on Homeschooling
- April 12, Debate Dan Barker on "Does God exist?" at University of Wisconsin, in Madison.
- Feb. 20 to Mar. 15, In the Philipinnes to speak, preach, and do relief work.
- Cancelled, find out why. Feb. 7, 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. Debate, Does God Exist with Dan Barker, an Atheist at the Simplot Room on Boise State University.
- Jan. 26, Speak on Catholicism, Creekside Bible Fellowship in Eagle, ID, 9:30 A.M., 350 East State Street, Eagle, ID 83616
- Jan. 24-25, Speak at Intermountan Christian Conference on the Theology of Counseling, The Well Church 1400 North Cole Road Boise ID 83704
- Oct. 25, 2013 to Oct 27, Youth Event in Cincinnati Ohio Area (details to come)
- Sept. 20, 2013, Speak in San Jose (Tentative, details to come)
- Sept. 14, 2013, Good News Celebration, Spanish Fork Utah, Speaking on Union with Christ in Salvation
- July 26, 2013, July 28, Chicago Legacy Conference
- July 3, 2013, Dr. Michael Brown's Radio show
- June 20, 2013, The Janet Mefford Show
- June 17, 2013, Airing of The Daily Show segment.
- Jan. 8, 2013, Debate with Roman Catholic Theology Student, "Are we justified before God by faith alone or by faith and works?" Paltalk.com
- Jan. 1, 2013, Debate with "Amen367," "Real Presence in the Eucharist," Paltalk.com
- Dec. 30, 2012, Debate with "JesushatesCalvinism" on "Is Limited Atonement Biblical?" Paltalk.com
- July 15, 2012, Debate on Is Jesus Divine, Paltalk.com
- June 16, 2012, Bellflower, "Is water baptism necessary for salvation" against, Tim Kernan.
- June 15, 2012, Presentation on "Is Water Baptism Necessary for Salvation?" at Bethel Baptist Church at 17909 Carpintero Ave, Bellflower, CA 90706, 6 P.M.
- Mar. 14, 2012, Debate with Lou Rugg on Prevenient Grace
- Paltalk.com, 8 P.M. EST, Topic: Is Prevenient Grace Biblical?
- Feb. 15, 2012, Janet Mefferd Radio show at http://janetmefferd.com. Topic is relativism.
- August 2011, New York City, speaking at Chinese Conference about reaching China via the Internet.
- March 2011, Kansas City, Kansas to attend the annual meeting of Evangelical Ministries to New Religions (EMNR)
- January 2011, Begin Teaching Roman Catholicism course at The Crossing's Church, Nampa, ID.
- February 2011, Attend the Religious Broadcasting Meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
- Dec. 26, 2010, Preaching at The Crossing's Church, in Nampa, ID.
- July 2010, Teaching a class on Mormonism at a local church in the Boise, ID, area.
- June, 2010, in Manti, UT, doing Mormon evangelism.
- Dec. 5, 2009, Debating Atheist Edward Tabash in Boise, Idaho. Topic: Does God exist. It will be held on the Boise State University Campus.
- Nov. 8, 2009, On Panel after "Collision Movie," Sovereign Grace Church, Nampa, Idaho.
- Sept. 26, 2009, Debating Atheist Dan Barker in Portland, Oregon. Details to come.
- Sept. 9, 2009, Speaking at the Boise State University Skeptics Meeting.
- Late, 2009, Debate with Mr. Shook, UCLA. Update: The debate has been postponed for a later date if it will happen at all. Updates will be forthcoming. The tentative topic was going to be: "Which is superior as an ethical system, Christianity or Secular Humanism?" Details to come. Debate was cancelled. Hopefully, it will be reinstituted.
- March 8-9, 2009, Speaking at a Calvary Church in Overton, Nevada with Bill McKeever from mrm.org.
- Nov. 8-13, 2008, Speaking at First Baptist Church in Weston, FL.
- May 13, 2008, Debate with Oneness believer on "Is Water baptism necessary for salvation?" Boise, ID
- May 12, 2008, Debate with Oneness believer on "Is the Trinity biblical?" Boise, ID
- April, 17, 2008, Debate with atheist on "Does God exist?" in Pensecola, FL.
- Mar. 21-23, 2008, 34th annual Atheist Conference, Minn. MN.
- Feb. 2008, In town guest at CARM to work on video production.
- Feb. 28-29, 2008, New Jersey, not too far from Philadelphia.
- Jan. 25-26, 2008, Washington D.C., to speak at a church. Details to come.
- Dec. 3-10, 2007, St. Louis and Cape Girardeau, Missouri; Kansas City, Kansas. Will meet with two video specialists in Cape Girardeau.
- Nov. 7-11, 2007, Charlotte, N.C., to attend apologetics conference. Meeting with CARMites on the 10th at 6 P.M., Outback Steak House, 8338 Pineville-Matthews Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226, (704) 759-9575.