Okay, so people are interested in a carm get together. I suggested Denver and no one likes that Idea. If you have a better suggestion, great. But, if people are really interested, this is what we'd need to make it work. We have a facebook page for people who want to leave comments. http://www.facebook.com/carm.org?v=wall&story_fbid=125224147494028
- Coordinator - to make the arrangements and work with me on this.
- Location - central part of U.S., St. Louis (hint, hint), Topeka, Dallas, Des Moine, etc.
- St. Louis seems like the best option. It is central and has a big airport so air fare there wouldn't be that bad.
- Date - We'd have to decide on when to do this, probably during the summer July - August
- Duration - Should we have it for one day, two days?
- Friday Night to Sunday Morning type thing?
- Venue - A hotel or church
- If at a hotel, costs to rent a room to speak in and the costs would need to be offset by registration
- Only after we had enough pre-registrations could we then pick a room size at a hotel.
- If it were at a church, it would probably cost a lot less.
- I have a pastor friend in Littleton, CO and another in Colorado Springs.
- Attendees - would need to know how many people would definately commit to going since that would determine if we did it or not.
- Speaking - I'd be glad to speak, have a workshop or two and we could just mingle afterwards.
- I could probably get Bill McKeever (mrm.org) to speak. He is an expert on Mormonism.
Hmmm, now a CARM cruise would be good, wouldn't it? Anyway, what do you all think?
If you like the idea make comments on the Face Book Page. If someone wants to help coordinate it, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this happens, great. If not, no biggie.
Atheists, Mormons, Agnostics, Catholics, etc., all welcome.