Abaddon is Hebrew word for "destroyer" whose Greek equivalent was "Apollyon." Abaddon is the satanic angel of the Abyss (Rev. 9:11).
It is referenced in seven verses in the NASB.
- Job 26:6, “Naked is Sheol before Him, And Abaddon has no covering."
- Job 28:22, “Abaddon and Death say, ‘With our ears we have heard a report of it.’
- Job 31:12, “For it would be fire that consumes to Abaddon, And would uproot all my increase."
- Ps 88:11, "Will Your lovingkindness be declared in the grave, Your faithfulness in Abaddon?"
- Prov 15:11, "Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the Lord, How much more the hearts of men!"
- Prov 27:20, "Sheol and Abaddon are never satisfied, Nor are the eyes of man ever satisfied."
- Rev 9:11, "They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon."