The five points of Arminianism (from Jacobus Arminius 1559-1609) are in contrast to the five points of Calvinism. The Arminian five points are:
- Human Free Will--This states that though man is fallen, he is not incapacitated by the sinful nature and can freely choose God. His will is not restricted and enslaved by his sinful nature.
- Conditional Election--God chose people for salvation based on His foreknowledge where God looks into the future to see who would respond to the Gospel message.
- Universal Atonement--The position that Jesus bore the sin of everyone who ever lived.
- Resistable Grace--The teaching that the grace of God can be resisted and finally beaten so as to reject salvation in Christ.
- Fall from Grace--The teaching that a person can fall from grace and lose his salvation.