Some people try to become Christians for the wrong reasons. You do not become a Christian because
- you want to give Jesus a try, or
- because you want to see if your life gets better, or
- if you want to experiment with religion, or
- you want your life to improve, or
- you just want to see what happens.
If you "try" Christianity for any of these reasons, then you're probably not a Christian to begin with unless you came to a true understanding of what it is.
Become a Christian because you know that you are a sinner and that God will punish all who have sinned and you want to find salvation, the deliverance from the righteous judgment of God. The result of this salvation is that the Lord then lives in you and the result of that is your life will improve.
Don't become a Christian for the wrong reasons. Become one for the right reason, to have your sins forgiven so you can escape the damnation that will come upon all who fail to trust in Christ.