Jump to navigation
- BIBLE (Correct): Adam was the first man, created by God, in the image of God, made from the dust of the ground (Gen. 2:7). He is the father of the human race. Sin entered the world through Adam (Rom. 5:12).
- CS: Adam was not the first created person by God. Adam represents material error.
- "In the Scriptural allegory of the material creation, Adam or error, which represents the erroneous theory of life and intelligence in matter, had the naming of all that was material," (S&H, p. 177).
- " . . . the name Adam represents the false supposition that Life is not eternal, but has beginning and end;" (S&H 581)
- "That Adam gave the name and nature of animals, is solely mythological and material," (S&H, p. 528).
- "Beholding the creations of his own dream and calling them real and God-given, Adam--alias error--gives them names," (S&H, p. 528).
- "Adam, the synonym for error, stands for a belief of material mind," (S&H, p. 529).
- ISLAM: The first human being made by God was Adam. He was the first Muslim, a prophet of Allah. Adam was made from dust and was 90 feet tall.
- "Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him," (Quran 3:59).
- "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall," (Hadith, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543, Narrated Abu Huraira).
- JW: A perfect man, "the first human creature," (Reason from the Scriptures, p. 27).
- LDS: Adam is the first man made on earth, the father of physical mankind. Adam is also known as Michael the archangel, the ancient of days. Brigham Young taught Adam was God.
- “And the Lord appeared unto them, and they rose up and blessed Adam, and called him Michael, the prince, the archangel,” (Doctrine and Covenants 107:54).
- “Latter-day scriptures attest that Adam is a son of God, that his physical body was created by the Gods in their own image and placed in the Garden of Eden,” (Encyclopedia of Mormonism 1:15-16).