Jump to navigation
- BIBLE (Correct): Angels are created beings--with free will--some of which rebelled. Angels are messengers of God. Fallen angels are demons.
- CS: Angels are God’s thoughts passing to man, an inspiration of goodness, purity that counters evil and material reality.
- ISLAM: Angels are messengers from Allah, possess no free will, and are restricted to pure obedience per Allah’s instructions.
- JW: Angels are created beings that are accountable to God. They affirm archangels, cherubs, and seraphs as well as fallen angels. Jesus is Michael the Archangel, who became human.
- LDS: Angels are people who have died and/or have not yet become people from the pre-existence.
- “Those without eternal marriage may be angels. Now, the angels will be the people who did not go to the temple, who did not have their work done in the temple . . . (76-59)” (The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball,p.51. Italics in original).
- “All people, including angels, are the offspring of God. In form angels are like human beings. They do not, of course, have the wings artists symbolically show (TPJS, p.162)” (Encyclopedia of Mormonism 1:40).
- NAM: Angels can be of differing opinions. They can be beings that are messengers of truth, the spiritual side of people, a deceased person, a higher being with who contact can be made and lessons learned.