Jump to navigation
- BIBLE (Correct): Christ means “Anointed One.” Jesus is the Christ. He is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), second person of the Trinity, and has two distinct natures: divine and human.
- CS: Christ is the divine idea man. Jesus was not the Christ (S&H 333:3-15; 334:3) but a perfect representation of the Christ consciousness that is the true and higher self of every person. Christ is the manifestation of all that is good and true--the realization of divine principle. A Christian Scientist can say, "I am Christ” because Christ is the spiritual idea of sonship S&H 331:30-31.
- “CHRIST. The divine manifestation of God, which comes 583-11 to the flesh to destroy incarnate error,” (S&H 583, caps in original).
- "Christ, the title given to Jesus, is the healing power that dissolves suffering in exchange for the profound feeling of being loved and being well," (christianscience.com/what-is-christian-science#what-is-god).
- "Christ, as the true spiritual idea, is the ideal of God now and forever, here and everywhere," (S&H, 361).
- "Christ is the ideal Truth, that comes to heal sickness and sin through Christian Science, and attributes all power to God," (S&H 473).
- “Therefore we have the authority of Jesus for saying Christ is not God, but an impartation of Him,” (Message to the Mother Church, June 1901, by Mary Baker Eddy).
- ISLAM: Islam denies that Jesus is the Christ, the anointed one. It teaches that Jesus was only a prophet who did not die for our sins.
- JW: Christ is rightly defined as meaning “Anointed One.” However, as it refers to Jesus, they teach a false Christ since they deny that Jesus is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity. Instead, they say he is Michael the Archangel who became Jesus.
- LDS: Christ is rightly defined as meaning “Anointed One.” However, Mormonism teaches that Jesus is the literal offspring of god and his goddess wife who both are exalted people from another world.
- NAM: The man Jesus and/or the principle of divine consciousness that indwells us all by which we are united with all things in the universe. Jesus was a manifestation of the Christ Principle.
- “The blood of Christ is the energy of the cosmic Christ,” (eastrovedica.com)
- RC: Has an orthodox view of Christ.