Jump to navigation
- Bible (Correct): Christianity is the religion that was begun by Jesus the Christ. Christianity teaches the Trinity, the deity of Christ, His physical death and physical resurrection, His atoning sacrifice on the cross for our deliverance from sins, the bodily return of Christ, and salvation from God's righteous judgment by faith alone in Christ alone.
- CS: Christianity in a traditional sense is wrong, and Christian Science determines that true Christianity is the understanding of the universal mind revealed in truth
- “Christian Science reinforces Christ's sayings and doings. The Principle of Christian Science demonstrates peace. Christianity is the chain of scientific being reappearing in all ages, maintaining its obvious correspondence with the Scriptures and uniting all periods in the design of God,” (S&H 279).
- “Christianity is divine Science, else there is no Science and no Christianity,” (Message to the Mother Church, June 1901, Mary Baker Eddy).
- LDS: True Christianity is the restored gospel of Mormonism along with the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. Mormonism says that true Christianity is according to the revelation of the Joseph Smith. Mormonism says that God used to be a man on another planet, (Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614), that he has “a body of flesh and bones," (D&C 130:22), and resides near a star called Kolob, (Pearl of Great Price, p. 34-35). Also, it teaches there are many gods, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163) and a mother goddess, (Articles of Faith by James Talmage, p. 443).
- “ . . . for I contend that the Latter-day Saints are the only good and true Christians, that I know anything about in the world. There are a good many people who profess to be Christians, but they are not founded on the foundation that Jesus Christ himself has laid” (Joseph F. Smith, November 2, 1891, [Stake conference message], Collected Discourses, 2:305. Ellipses added).
- NAM: Christianity is one of the revelations of the divine truth of God that is found in all religions. Within the teachings of true spiritual Christianity we find that man is divine, sin is not real, and redemption is a non reality.