Jump to navigation
- BIBLE (Correct): Heaven is the dwelling place of God and the saints who are ultimately saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- CS: Heaven is not a literal place of eternal bliss, but a harmonious condition of understanding where a person’s consciousness is in harmony with Divine Mind. "Harmony; the reign of Spirit; government of divine Principle."
- "HEAVEN. Harmony; the reign of Spirit; government by divine Principle; spirituality; bliss; the atmosphere of Soul,” (S&H 587, caps original).
- ISLAM: Heaven is also called Paradise. It is a garden (Surah 79:41) of bliss and fruit (Surah 69:21-24), rivers (Surah 3:198), maidens who are pure and holy (Surah 4:57), and carpets and cushions, (Surah 88:8-16).
- JW: Heaven is the place indwelt by God and the 144,000 elite Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- LDS: There are three heavens in Mormonism. The lowest is telestial heaven. The middle is terrestrial heaven. The highest is celestial heaven. Inside of the celestial heaven are three levels, with the uppermost being called "the church of the firstborn." This is where Mormons obtain godhood.
- RC: Heaven is the dwelling place of God and the saints who are ultimately saved by God’s grace and their cooperative effort of works and the sacraments.