A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BIBLE (Correct): The word “Jehovah” is an Anglicized version of the Hebrew verb “to be” which God revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14 when God said that His name was “I AM.” It is closer in pronunciation to Yahweh.
- CS: A tribal deity.
- “It was also found among the Israelites, who constantly went after "strange gods." They called the Supreme Being by the national name of Jehovah. In that name of Jehovah, the true idea of God seems almost lost. God becomes "a man of war," a tribal god to be worshipped, rather than Love, the divine Principle to be lived and loved,” (S&H p. 524).
- JW: Jehovah is the name of God the Father which includes a denial of the Trinity. Therefore, Jehovah is not God the Trinity, but the Father alone.
- LDS: The name of Jesus in the Old Testament. He is the brother of the devil.
- "Jehovah, the premortal Jesus Christ, had first stepped forward and volunteered to give his life as payment for all sins,” (Encyclopedia of Mormonism 3:1088).
- “In the wilderness of Judaea, on the temple’s pinnacles and on the high mountain, a momentous contest took place between two brothers, Jehovah and Lucifer, sons of Elohim . . . Satan, also a son of God, had rebelled and had been cast out of heaven and not permitted an earthly body as had his brother Jehovah. Much depended upon the outcome of this spectacular duel” (Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, p. 34).