Jump to navigation
- BIBLE (Correct): Jesus is the 2nd person of the Trinity. He is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14). He has two distinct natures: divine and human (Col. 2:9).
- CS: Jesus is not God, but a way shower of true Christian Science principles.
- “JESUS. The highest human corporeal concept of the 589-17divine idea, rebuking and destroying error and bringing 589-18 to light man's immortality,” (S&H 589, caps original).
- "God is indivisible. A portion of God could not enter man; neither could God's fulness be reflected by a single man, else God would be manifestly finite, lose the deific character, and become less than God," (S&H 336).
- "Jesus' students, not sufficiently advanced fully to understand their Master's triumph, did not perform many wonderful works, until they saw him after his crucifixion and learned that he had not died," (S&H 45-46).
- "The Christian who believes in the First Commandment is a monotheist. This he virtually unites with the Jew's belief in one God, and recognizes that Jesus Christ is not God, as Jesus himself declared, but is the Son of God," (S&H 361).
- ISLAM: Jesus is only a prophet, second in importance to Muhammad. Jesus, according to Islam, was a Muslim.
- JW: They deny that Jesus is God in flesh (deny the Trinity). They teach that Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man, (The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307; The New World, 284), creating all other things," (Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 390-391).
- LDS: Jesus is the literal son of God who, according to Brigham Young, the second prophet of the LDS church, is the product of sexual relations between God the Father and Mary.
- NAM: Jesus is an avatar, a way-shower to the cosmic Christ consciousness which culminates with declaring that the human being is divine.
- RC: Roman Catholicism holds to the orthodox doctrine of Jesus and affirms the hypostatic union (the two natures of Jesus), his death, burial, and physical resurrection.