by Matt Slick
Jesus is the most important and significant person in all of human history. He was a remarkable man, incredibly kind, very insightful, and taught on love and forgiveness on such a level as to make all other teachers pale by comparison.
In Christianity, Jesus is the creator (John 1:1-3, 14; Col. 1:16-17), God in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Col. 2:9), the Lord to whom we call (1 Cor. 1:2), the one who bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), and the one who enables all who call upon His name (Rom. 10:13) to be saved by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9).
Following is a partial list of the miracles of Jesus. It is these miracles that attest to who Jesus is because His remarkable deeds confirm His incredible claim to be God in flesh, the only way to - salvation.
- Jesus was born of a virgin (Matt. 1:25).
- Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:6-10).
- Jesus caused the disciples to catch a large load of fish (Luke 5:4-6).
- Jesus cast out demons (Matt. 8:28-32; 15:22-28).
- Jesus healed lepers (Matt. 8:3; Luke 17:14).
- Jesus healed diseases (Matt. 4:23, 24; Luke 6:17-19).
- Jesus healed the paralytic (Mark 2:3-12).
- Jesus raised the dead (Matt. 9:25; John 11:43-44).
- Jesus restored sight to the blind (Matt. 9:27-30; John 9:1-7).
- Jesus restored cured deafness (Mark 7:32-35).
- Jesus fed the multitude (Matt. 14:15-21; Matt. 15:32-38).
- Jesus walked on water (Matt. 14:25-33).
- Jesus healed the sick (Matt. 8:5-13; 9:22).
- Jesus forgave sins (Mark 2:5).
- Jesus calmed a storm with a command (Matt. 8:22-27; Mark 4:39).
- Jesus was transfigured (Matt. 17:1-8).
- Jesus was killed on a cross (Luke 24:20).
- Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:39; John 20:27).
- Jesus appeared to disciples after resurrection (John 20:19).
- Jesus ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9).
- Jesus claimed to be God (John 5:18; 8:24; 8:58--see Exodus 3:14).
- Jesus said that He alone was the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).