Welcome to the Feb. 5, 2007 Newsletter
Welcome to the CARM newsletter.
Carm Has A New Look
Some of you may have noticed that CARM has a new look. I released the new version on Sunday and so far the responses have been very positive. If you haven't yet checked out the new design, please go to www.carm.org and take a look. I welcome any feedback. Oh, and please be patient while we work out the bugs and complete the process. The articles are not all converted yet.
The reason I made the change is for several reasons. First, it is always good to change the site every couple or three years. Second, the site always needs improvement. Third, the site is now implemented with CSS (cascading style sheets). Though I was not able to get away from tables completely (CSS is difficult to use sometimes), the formatting on the articles is complete CSS. Fourth, the new design will enable updates more easily. And fifth, I am able to clean up some of the less-than-optimum html from the earlier version.
Anyway, I hope you like it.
All last week I had the flu. It was one of the worst illnesses that I've had in 20 years. My fever went to 103 and was accompanied by fatigue, body aches, congestion, etc. After three days of being heavily spanked by it, I finally went to the doctor and he told me it was influenza A. He prescribes medicine. Well, by God's grace, I feel much better.
Unfortunately the remnants are bad chest congestion, a constant cough, and a far deeper than normal voice. Basically, I can't be on the radio because I cough so much. I was off four out of five days last week and will probably miss all of this week. All I can say is, sickness is a definite reminder of our mortality. Oh, and its be inconvenient, too.
Unfortunately on the Internet there are a lot of people who hate. One such group has begun what is called the blasphemy challenge on youtube.com. It amounts to having people videotape themselves committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and then uploading the videos to youtube. (Viewer discretion is advised!) Unfortunately, this malicious effort has already garnered news coverage from some major networks. What a shame. In response, I would like to offer a Salvation Challenge, promoted through CARM, the newsletter, and radio and have Christians produce small videos and upload them to youtube saying how they have trusted in Christ.
I have a small video camera but it doesn't have a lapel mic input jack. So I have been looking for a camera that can meet the needs of the ministry here and am asking for suggestions and/or donations on what a good camera would be. Please let me know, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- I am saddened by this page and its content.
- Love mail
- I know you guys/gals are busy but thanks for your mormon section. I've been talking to some and it's frustrating how they don't answer plain biblical citation but it's also sad that they can't hear the truth. Your cite has helped me. thanks.
- I was introduced to Carm about 4 or 5 years ago and just wanted to Thank you so much for what you do and answering God's call. Its really amazing to see how much the website has grown. I remember when you announced that you were considering going full-time with CARM and I'm so thankful God has provided for you and your family. I wish it was possible for me to support your ministry financially but I am barely getting on as a p/t college student myself. For now I hope that you will be comforted enough by my prayers for you and your family and the ministry. I have been listening thoroughly to the podcasts. They are so wonderful. I hope that enough people step up to give. I can't wait to see the plans God has for you. Thank you again for all you have done.
- When I found CARM on the net, it was like a breath of fresh air, the sun in the sky, a cool drink of water on a hot day. How nice it is to know there is a place where you can go to get True biblical answerers to your questions. When I first got saved in September of 1975 I looked for biblical stores and radio, then as I studied the scriptures and read I found a fellow believer Dr Walter Martin, and his book The Kingdom Of The Cults. I want to thank you for following God leading in this critically important area of Christian theology. Your site CARM has been and will be a real blessing to all those who know Christ and a curse to those who "kick against the pricks" and know not Christ.
- I wanted to let you know that I like the new look of the site. I know you put a lot of work into it. God Bless you Matt and your ministry. I'm also listening to your radio show and learning a ton. Keep up the good work.