Welcome to the April 12, 2007 Newsletter
the radio show is doing well except one problem. Donations that are used to support it are decreasing. If you enjoy the radio show, would you please consider supporting it, since without it, the show will end. http://www.carm.org/radio/radio.htm.
33rd Annual Atheist Convention
This past weekend to friends of mine and myself, attended the 33rd annual atheist convention in Seattle, Washington. I have written a specific article about my impressions. It is located here. Basically, I wasn't impressed with the content or the behavior of the lectures and atheists. I was a little disappointed. If you read the article, you will see more details and you can read several quotes from atheists that I think are very revealing.
Gerardo, a Christian friend of mine, used his video camera to record several other dialogs I had with atheists. He is planning to release them on youtube.com pretty soon. When he does, I'll put a link to them in the next newsletter.
Finally, it is because of your support and I was able to go to Seattle. Thank you.
Tomorrow, April 13, a group of "gay Christians" will be in Boise, ID. They are going to be at Northwest Nazarene University. Apparently, they are trying to promote Christian homosexuality as well as attempt to influence the university to accept homosexuality as a viable option. I hope to get one of their representatives on my radio show. I'll let you know how that goes.
CARM is in the process of becoming financially transparent. In a couple of weeks, a bookkeeper will come to my office and we are going to go over all the financial records for the past several years. We are also going to have CARM audited and a public release of salary, expenses, etc. for the ministry will be written and released on CARM. We want CARM to be responsible and appropriate in its use of the funds that people are giving this Ministry.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- Hate mail:
- I'm not surprised that you are still in a state of denial... Matt, that is exactly how Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn abuse the Scriptures to make the exact same claim [regarding authority] No, Matt, it is you who has some serious spiritual problems, which lead you to make all kinds of false statements, misquote, misrepresent and mischaracterize others unjustly. You need to repent, now.
- The entire website is incorrect and should be taken off the internet
- When anti-Mormons tell dirty slanderous LIES about our most sacred beliefs why would anyone listen to their message? It's a sad commentary whenever our non-Mormon friends can recognize your anti-Mormon deception. The Apostle John says, "No lie is of the truth." Does this also include slanderous anti-Mormons that tell dirty filthy lies? Those who oppose our beliefs will even profess Christianity, but they act like the devil -- You do the math! There is no such thing as "truth in love" when you tell slanderous anti-Mormon stories. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian, or to be associated with such bigoted evil people. Mormonism or not, Jesus would never approve any anti-Mormon lie. You need to Repent!
- You have delusional thinking.
- My name is Will, I am messaging you for one reason. My reason is that you are a complete idiot.
- Love mail:
- I really enjoy listening to your radio show, discussion forums, and your website. I just became a Christian myself about 7 months ago. And since then I have been praying that God would reveal my spiritual gifts. He led me to your site and I have since been interested in apologetics and think it is vital for every Christian to be able to give a defense of the hope within them. I just recently signed up for all three of your schools and became a CARM super member. I'm also going to ask my wife and talk to her about setting up a monthly donation for the radio program as well. I am thoroughly blessed by God through your ministry. I have cited your site and used your materials constantly when talking to JWs. The Lord has given me courage through the use of your site to begin witnessing to a JW that I work with. And it even helped me witness to my wife who just accepted Christ as her Savior 4 days ago. Praise God!
- I love the layout of the new website - it's been a while since I visited and I just wanted to say it is looking very professional!
- I'm really blessed with your carm web-site... God bless you....you are doing a great & good work...I'm from Germany keep sending me carm e-mails i really love apologetic specially concerning Jesus' tomb fine arguments defending the truth of Christ & His fact resurrection.