Welcome to the April 26, 2007 Newsletter
Even though it has been two weeks since the last newsletter, there really isn't a whole bunch to say. So, I think I will ramble for a few paragraphs.
CARM is, of course, becoming even more demanding. In my home we have an upstairs room that is 15.5 feet by 23.5 feet. That is 364 square feet of space that we are using for the CARM office. We are getting a new sofa sleeper, getting rid of the existing bed, and replacing it with a third desk. The obvious reason we're doing this is because we need more help and are preparing for God to provide personnel. In fact, a young man named Ryan will be here in about a month and will stay with us for 10 days in order to check us out to decide if he wants to work with us. He is graduating next year with his masters in apologetics and is extremely interested in working with CARM. We can't pay him a full-time salary but we hope to be able to support him part-time as he works and, hopefully, full support will come in. He knows the situation here and is willing to see how the Lord provides. I wish he were here now. I'm way behind in answering e-mails, writing projects, and research and really need the help.
Deborah is a woman from church who comes in once or twice a week and does administrative work for CARM. We are paying her $200 a month. She has gotten us caught up and has set me free to do more writing. Also, Diane S. in New Jersey has been working with CARM for years. She's an invaluable asset and oversees working the discussion boards. We also pay her $200 a month. She, of course, deserves much more but this is all we can muster right now.
Next week a bookkeeper will be coming down from northern Idaho to stay with my use for a couple of days. He's going to do our taxes, take a look at the books, get us situated, etc. The goal is to become as transparent as possible financially and to make sure that everything is above board.
If you're interested, you can go to youtube.com and check out some videos. The first two are me having a discussion with some atheists at the 33rd annual atheist convention in Seattle, Washington in April, 2007. The third is where I introduce CARM. Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see more. You can contact me at email@example.com.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSw8Gh-PPA0 talking about morality of the bible.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8bWz10I3w talking about morality and atheism.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyLARs_oJD8 I introduce CARM.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- Hate mail
- Apparently you are so thickheaded that you just don't get it -- Wake-up you idiot! It matters little that you happen to think Mormonism is false. It still doesn't solve your own problems of practicing UN-biblical evangelism. No censorious DVD or anti-Mormon website will help your crusade against the Latter-day Saints. The olden days of Witch-hunting and Spanish Inquisitions are all finished -- Praise be to God.
- Just trying to understand why you seem to try and put down everyone else, there is no hate nor ill feelings, just a lack of understanding why your website seems to be dedicated to putting others down, thats all.
- Do you know how to read? Let's try this one again -- You anti-Mormon idiot! "Traditional Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner, a British civil servant, who wrote a series of books on the religion in the 1940's. It contains references to Celtic deities, symbols, seasonal days of celebration, etc." Is this a good time to do your erroneous evangelical "Alter-call" and parrot back some non-biblical LOSERS prayer?
- Are you stupid people part of the catholic faith? Which is the synagogue of SATAN!!!!! NONE of you people can even comprehend the greek and hebrew SCRIPTS !!!! There was an "ADAM" & " EVE" of the blacks , the asians, and a few others ON THE SIXTH DAY !!!! Then the Father let the agriculture and WILD animals establish themselves ......... And dont forget that a day with yhe LORD! Is as a thousand years with man!...You people are either Kenites , or totally inept and ignorant, or just plain @#$%*&% stupid!!!! Wake up your eyes are shut. Man are you gonna hate yourselves. I hope you snap out of your Babylon...I'm gonna have GREAT pleasure fixing your wagons in the millenium, which you probably don't even understand anyway! You have to go by the Hebrew and the Greek scriptures to "KNOW" whats going on!!! The English BIBLE is polluted every one with any brains knows that DO YOU!!!!!!
- Love mail:
- Thank you for your report on Pokemon. I remembered that I knew it was not good, but I needed to be able to tell my daughter who received some of it from another person to give to her son. I am now able to tell her and I thank you very much. God bless your efforts!
- It saddens me as a Born-Again Believer to see the abuse that you receive. these people need to examine their lives and get right with God. No love or respect is shown to you or to your views. I abhor the teachings of the Roman Catholic Institution and its' Pope, but I would not go around insulting the Roman Catholics. At whatever opportunity arises, I would Endeavour to reach them with God's help. The same goes for the harlot cults like JWs, Mormons & Islam that have spawned out of the 'Mother Churches' ranks. Your web site is great! Long may it continue!
- Thank you Matt, for the quick response to my e-mail. I truly appreciate the tremendous work God has called you to do regarding the Carm website. Over the years, Carm has been a source of knowledge in my Christian walk and also an inspiration which has helped me witness boldly to others. I can't thank you enough for being obedient to your calling! May God continue to bless you and your ministry.
- Praise God for CARM, somebody to stand in the gap all you bible people know what I mean. Keep up the truth telling Matt, you are really getting to those "thick skin people" the so called intellectuals