Welcome to the June 16, 2007 Newsletter
Mini-devotional - The Sting of Death is the Law
The law is a reflection of the character of God. God says "thou shalt not lie" because he cannot lie. God cannot bear false witness. He cannot do wrong. Therefore, the law is good because it reflects his character. Unfortunately, the law brings about the opposite of what it requires. It requires perfection and holiness but shows us our imperfection and sin.
1 Cor. 15:50 says, "The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law." The reason sin has its power is because of the law of God. Sin is breaking the law of God. Do you know of any law that has no punishment? Laws are have punishments for breaking them. In this case, the law gives sin its power to kill because the punishment for breaking the law is death (Rom. 6:23).
But, thanks be to Jesus our Lord and Savior who has delivered us from the penalty of the law by suffering death in our place (Is. 53:4-6; 1 Pet. 2:24). Therefore, it can be said of those who have trusted in Christ alone that they have died to the law: Rom. 7:6, "But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter."
Ryan has been staying with me for about a week. He flew out from North Carolina to check out CARM and possibly move out here next year after he graduates with a Masters in Apologetics. He knows his stuff and is willing to learn. If he works with CARM, he will try and raise his own support. But, of course, we will try and raise support for him as well. So please pray for the will of the Lord in this matter.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
Same as Last Newsletter
- Hate mail:
- Well you call it hate mail, but it is really disagree mail. I know that when you disagree with someone it prefectly ok to insult them in the many ways you know how, and it is OK for your neglegently misrepresent them. You are very good at playing the game 'the pot calling the kettle black' For you to think that you are doing something wrong not get hate mail is a sign of the arrogence and pride you have. The fact is people are just tired and bored with you and your unbiblical nonesence. You simply would not know Jesus from a hole in the ground and are a complete hypocrite. Oh I know for me to say that is an insult, only when you call others the same is it OK. Sad CARM is a sad bunch of fools
- You're desire to attack other religions is an error. You will never ever find in LDS literature or teachings of it's leaders the attacking of other faiths. That only seems to be done when one is unsure of his own beliefs. Confrontation is of the devil. If you don't believe the doctrines of others, just let them be. Be a true Christian.
- Christians should be banned from voting and have their children taken into care, Christians who break the law regarding homosexual rights should be put into mental hospitals as they are obviously mentally ill and in need of treatment. God is just a figment of your imagination and Jesus is NOT the creator of the universe he is NOT coming back on a cloud and in all likelieness you will be quiet DEAD when you die. The resurrection is a pack of lies, Creationism is a joke. and you are mentally retarded. Why dont you just bugger off and leave vulnerable people alone and take your STUPID beliefs with you You are a joke your website is a joke and God if he ever existed is the biggest joke of all.
- Love mail:
- I just wanted to say thank you for your ministry and for the useful information you provide. Also, remember "Those who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution", but you are in good company.
- The Lord is really using you! What an awesome website and an answer to prayer for me. I have been a Christian for a long time yet have felt led by the Lord to study Apologetics; we are living in the last days and need to have an answer for the false doctrines. I have looked at many websites but yours has the most apologetics I've found. Thank you for being faithful to the Lord in this ministry! "YOUR LABOR IS NOT IN VAIN IN THE LORD." may the Lord bless you and I look forward to meeting you in Heaven! Your sister in Christ.
- I would like to say you have an awesome website. I have learned a lot from you, as well as the elders in my little, but faithful local chapel in Sydney, Nova Scotia. It always surprises me when people defend their faith/beliefs by degrading, defacing, or belittling others. You have a site that looks at others through the eyes of God, not through the blind eyes of man. Keep up the fight for our beloved Jesus. The Holy Spirit is with you.
- I listen to your podcasts as I am unable to listen to the show live since I am usually at work. I can tell that you are fighting an uphill battle. I want to encourage you to stay on the front lines. The Lord Jesus has used you to encourage me continually and has given me the desire to be able to give an adequate defense of our faith. I have CARM in my prayers constantly, for financial support as well as for full-time staff support. Please stay encouraged, even though the enemy presses in around you.
- Hey I just wanted to personally thank all of you because this website is truly a blessing to me and millions of others all around the world. I know God is so pleased with all of you and you are all definitely being blessed with riches in heaven! Keep strong in the faith!