Welcome to the July 18, 2007 Newsletter
Mini-devotional - Inheritance
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time," (1 Pet. 1:3-5).
This long quote for a mini devotional is almost worth leaving as it is without comment. But, the truth worth focusing on here is that we who are born again are guaranteed to receive an imperishable and undefiled inheritance. This inheritance is salvation, eternal life, a glorified body, and the privilege of being able to enter into heaven where God dwells. 1 Pet. 1:13 says, "...fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." Notice that we have a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time, at the revelation of Jesus. Look at Colossians 3:4, "When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." So many things are tied to the return of Christ -- to His glory. When Jesus comes back we will be resurrected into new and perishable bodies with the full manifestation of salvation and the full privilege of being an heir with Christ before God the Father.
Rom. 8:23 says, "even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body." All of us know sickness, fatigue, and inner struggles with sin. How blessed we will be when we finally receive that perfect inheritance, and along with it, the abolishment of sickness, fatigue, and our struggles with sin. It is a great mercy that we are born again and that we will obtain an inheritance which is protected by the power of God. Because it rests in Him, we are free to rest in the hope and faith of what Christ has purchased for us.
Love and Hate
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- Hate mail:
- I came across your site and it is very untruthful about this Church and way of life. If you were honest in your approach...you would deal with this Faith System fairly and truthfully, but I guess you can not risk this as it would prove to be too successful and turn many to it's teaching. Teachings that are Bible based and deeply Christian and healing!
- Dear MATT,I am worried about the direction you are taking in life. THINK... There is no salvation without our glorious Mother, Mary "Our Lady Of Victory".
- You guys suck atheism is true and you are trying to brain wash us into being christians. I pity you!
- How dare you set yourself on high like some great one and pontificate what is Christian and what is not?You are a blind patsy of Satan rather than a servant of the Lord. Who are you to defile the honest attempts of good men and women to know and worship God? You are like the blind know-it-all Pharasees which nailed the Lord to a tree, thinking the you are doing God a service. You are like Paul before his conversion to Christ. You need to respect God a more than what you do and learn how He says to love His People. They are His property, not yours. You need humility. So, Mister Pope, I pray that you shall be converted to the real love of God like Paul was, and that you shall learn to treat God's people better and respect them when their beliefs are different than yours. I pray that you shall be delivered in the name of Jesus Christ
- Love mail:
- Dear brothers and sisters at C.A.R.M I like to thank you for what you do I just started to visit you Webb-site and I think it is excellent!!! I have studying cults on an off since the 80's as well. I study out of necessity my wife is a Jehovah’s Witness and I also enjoy to study cults as well. I just started to do an adult Sunday school study on apologetics and I just sent my Pastor you Webb link. I will also share you Webb address with my adult class.
- Just Wanted to say great job Matt. Sometimes I feel what you feel about being alone when you stand for the truth, but Like Elijah in 1 Kings 18:18 you got some the 7000 faithful here too with you brother.Your ministry is truly a blessing and thanks for responding to that e-mail about your brother Rick, got him on my prayer list. God Bless
- I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to God and you for all you have done and keep up with the Ministry. It is an amazing work that God has blessed you with. I have been using the CARM website for about three years now. I have found it to be a treasure trove on Biblical knowledge by which one can seek answers to our deep questions. I am a student of theology. As a teacher of the word, at my church I have used CARM to assist me in preparing lessons as well as posing very important and all too often avoided aspects of the Bible.