Welcome to the Aug 30, 2007 Newsletter
Mini-devotional - Loving Instruction
"But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).
In contradiction to the vain speculations and myths of false religions systems, Paul draws a contrast that is supposed to be at the heart of the Christian as he presents the truth of God's Word. Notice that the verse says "love from a pure heart". Both love and purity belong to God but we as Christians have access to the character of God and the sacrifice of Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We must train our hearts and minds so that we have a good conscience and their faith is sincerely based in the work and truth of God's Word.
The quartet of love, a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith is the basis of our instruction. In other words, were not to be insulting, rude, overly confrontational, etc., when we share the word of truth. It might be that what we are saying is technically correct, but if that truth is house in a belligerent and condemning tone, how and we expect the listener to take to heart the message of love that has been stripped of its substance and delivered in contradiction to what we ourselves are instructed to do?
Love and Hate
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw. (At the suggestion of a reader, the hate mail is first so that the last taste in your mouth, is the love mail).
- Hate mail:
- "ya im not so sure were you found this stuff but none of it makes sence interesting reading but your nutts"
- "How does CARM and Matt Slick damage Christianity? So what consists of Matt Slick's theology....evil and black thoughts like predestination, faith alone saves or merits heaven, and annoying other Christians by the arrogant intonation that you are saved because you are the elect, accusing all other Christians of being cultists, etc. What makes Matt Slick really annoying is his Google Bombing of the web. This involves a string of cheap websites that refer to each other to get more hits on the internet. Consider yourself not lucky if you have stumbled upon Matt Slick's cultish websites of which there are many. Matt Slick is obviously trying to Google Bomb the web...all this to make a living at the expense of Christianity and the Christian Church. My advice to Matt? Take all the cult accusations off of your websites. he can't deny that they are there. They are part of the official webpages of his site. I checked just today. Have a nice rest of 2007!"
- "Just want to thank you for your website which is utterly superb. Keep up the good work."
- "i dont have a question, i just wanted to thank you so very much for your web, i've been doing bible studies with the jehovah witnesses for a very long time, i knew they were kinda funny but i thought ," well noone is perfect." but now i see how awful their doctrines are, it is almost satanic! your web is just what i needed, it has deprogrammed me from their thoughts and beliefs, i have found the real Jesus, my real savior and im so happy, my heart is bursting with joy and i am almost crying at this momment! thank you so much!"
- "i just wanted to give you kudos on your site. i use to be a mormon and it was sites like yours that finally led me to the truth and i left the church. now i am truely born again and never been happier. i am praying for your ministry because i know that there are a lot of curious and confused people out there, that the mormons are just waiting to prey upon. i was glad to see that your site is on the top of the list. with a mormon running for president, people are sure to have a lot of questions about the church. keep up the good work. god bless you!!!"