Welcome to the Sept. 14, 2006 Newsletter
From the President, Matt Slick
Thank you everyone for all your responses to the previous newsletter regarding accounting needs. I greatly appreciate the e-mails and I will be wading through them.
The Lord has been working on me in the area of sanctification. I can confidently say that it is not fun. He has used the writings of and about George Muller (Answers to Prayer; George Muller of Bristol) to shine a light of truth on dark areas of my heart concerning trust, holiness, conviction, purpose, and so much more. I can confidently say that there is nothing good that dwells in me and I wholeheartedly agree with Paul when he says, "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the wishing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not," (Rom. 7:18). One one hand, I'm very grateful that the Lord has condescended to deal with me on some personal issues. On the other hand, it hasn't been easy. I know that many of you can relate to this work of God as well. It is always good, but not always pleasant. Nevertheless, I smile because I know the Lord loves me and wants me to be more like Jesus. So, I would covet your prayers that I would hear God's voice, become more like his Son, and properly direct this Ministry for his glory.
Love and Hate Mail
CARM is constantly getting e-mails of thanks and praise and condemnation. Here are a few...in the raw.
- Do you not realize that your faith is the one who believes in Satan?? Do you also realize that Christianity has taken from many other faiths?? The only thing we Wiccans (true Wiccans) have against your faith is that you think your "the one and only true way". Stop being so stuck on your selves and wake up. Live and let live!! I don't understand why you judge when it is supposed to be against what your GOD wants. I guess that means all of you will be going to your Hell...I know the only reason you try to bring other faiths down. It's because you worship a vain GOD and it has rubbed off on you. Again,this is your problem not ours.
- Are you a christian??????????????? how are you ? I was looking you site, and i felt very very sick ,i just realize this world is full of imprudent people like you. Do you now what means respect? Be more Christian helping people in need, be charity, and before you point a religion make a question how are you, I do believe you have conscience...
- Jesus Christ is watching you. The day when you die, you would probably go to hell. So I would suggest you accepting Jesus as your personal savior and God of your life. Do it now and you will have everlasting life with him in heaven.
- I'm not sure how old you are, but adults use facts to back up statements. "To get to the point, all other religions besides Christianity are false." A six year old could have written that and left nothing to substantiate it. I'm not disagreeing with the statement itself, just that you feel you can write like that and have people take your word for it. Yes, somehow I managed to say Jesus is narrow-minded didn't I? Yes, thats there somewhere. Just take down your website and stop wasting the publics time. We are looking for 'the truth' not your generalizations and unfounded statements (or at least assumed unfounded as no evidence is provided) Leave teaching religion to those that understand it. Have a great day just the same!
- I'm not angry and I certainly don't HATE you -- You have my pity. I just DON'T believe your DIRTY anti-Mormon LOAD-OF-CRAP -- It's garbage! Like John said, "No LIE is of the TRUTH." Does this include telling FILTHY anti-Mormon LIES? If it makes you feel any better, I would not be a Mormon either if I were as stupid as you. You can't keep telling DIRTY anti-Mormon LIES and expect reasonable people to believe you. Rest assured, there is lots of intelligent Christians who are not LDS that disagree with everything you do. I checked it out for myself. You do NOT represent "all of Christianity." You told another DIRTY LIE -- Shame on you! Is this a good time to do an idol worshipers "Alter-call" and recite your non-biblical LOSERS prayer?
- Wow, a friend of mine told me about your website because it would help me out tremendously with all the questions and answers people have been telling me and MAN, it REALLY helped!! Thanks for even MAKING this website! Although I still pray and ask God for understanding ya kno, but so far you're right on point! Take care!
- Just wanted to say thanks again for all the work you guys are doing, it really is a blessing. Im learning a lot from CARM and i do appreiciate it. The Holy Spirit is guiding me through the Word and helping me understand things i didn't before.
- Dear Matt I just started listening to the radiobroadcasts on the internet and haven't heard a "live" broadcast but I've listened to the shows that have already been broadcast. Once I figure out how to receive a "live" broadcast and am able to remember the time, since I live here in NY, I hope to hear you and maybe be able to call in. Until then I have to say, I have immensely enjoyed hearing the previous shows and think you are doing a very fine job indeed. I particularly enjoyed the shows w/ the Roman Catholic priest and the one about the Marian issues. Having been raised a Roman Catholic I undestood where they were coming from, but having been Born Again, reading the bible for myself and working and worshiping at a Baptist Chrurch for the past year and a half and also being a member of a Lutheran Church for the past 4 years, I know and pray that the Catholics come back to God's Church of Jesus Christ and give Him all the Glory. Yes, there are many saved Catholics, but so many more who know not what they do. Some of them are members of my own family, whom I pray for daily. But Matt, what you are doing is so important and I do Thank you so much for your good works. You are indeed a good, and faithful servant. May God Bless you and your family and make His face to shine upon you.
- I want to thank you, Matt, for all the work he has put into this site. I am a longtime CARM-er and have even had the pleasure of talking to you on the phone a time or two. I got interested in apologetics 9 or 10 years ago. CARM was one of the first resources I found, and has easily been my most used, over the years. You have inspired me to return to school and work on a degree. I am now in a distance learning program with Liberty University in Lynchburg , Va. I am 41 years old and beginning my second year of classes. This is one of the most difficult undertakings I have ever tried. My ultimate goal is to begin my own, or work for a discernment ministry.