"Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry," (1 Cor. 10:14)
Idolatry is undue adoration and/or reverence for something above and beyond what is due to God. Since God is the supreme and holy Lord, he should always be first in all areas of our lives. We should always be seeking to bring glory to him and to live for him.
But, whenever we give attention to something else so that our relationship with God suffers, in that sense we become idolaters. This does not mean that God is going to destroy us. But it does mean that we must yet again turn to the cross, repent, and give God what is proper in worship and adoration.
Therefore, we must ask ourselves where the passions of our lives reside. Do we love our jobs, or our families, or our hobbies with such fervor that they interfere with our relationship to God? There's nothing wrong with being devoted to our work, our families, or our hobbies. It's just that we must always remember to keep God as their center, so that the reason we do our work well, raise our families properly, and enjoy our hobbies, is for the glory of God.
- Hate Mail
- Hey there, how's that ignorance treating you now in days? Would you agree that any works that are of God, God will bless?
- being an athiest myself, i thought that i should inform you that you christians shouldnt be so narrow-minded as to assume morals come from the bible, sorry, 'absolute' morals come from the bible. do you realize that there is a greater percentage of religious people in jail than there is atheists. you dont see athiests going on 'religious cleansing' killing sprees and creating religious wars, which has killed many multitudes of innocent people. is that how you refer to 'absolute morals'....i also think that you should apologize to the world for thinking that christianity is the superior belief system in the world...
- Love Mail
- I came across your site and was so inspired by your strong stance of the Word but broken hearted over some of the terrible responses you’ve gotten. It reminds me of our much our world is hurting and still have no clue what to believe (or refuse to believe). I’m praying that God will renew daily your spirit and stamina to continue to carry out His Will for your life by using your gift
- I would like to say thank you for creating this web site and pursuing what God has called you to do. I can not count the number of times it has helped me in my walk with the lord and many others I know. You are a good and faithful servant!
- Thank you for the encouraging statements from your website. may God bless you always and more power.