by Matt Slick
- Happy New Year - Happy new year to all of you from CARM. We hope that by God's grace this year turns out to be a good one for you. Remember to pray and seek the Lord in your life on a regular basis. Read his word. Study even if it is only a few verses at a time. Think about what God's word has for you and determine to make your heart and mind more dedicated to him - for his glory. We are here for him, not so that our lives will be better and prosperous. Isaiah 43:7, "Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made.” If the Lord chooses to bless our lives and prosper us, then may it be for his glory.
- CARM Stats - In the year 2012 CARM had a total of 19.3 million page views from 7.5 million unique visitors in 226 countries around the world. The Internet is such an efficient way to get the gospel message out. Praise God.
- The Gospel - Since CARM is dedicated to the truth of God's word and defending the faith, we are always ready to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the gospel that has the power to save (Romans 1:16), not apologetics and clever answers. The goal of apologetics is to bring people to a place where they can encounter the Lord Jesus in the gospel.
The gospel is that God the Father sent his only begotten son (John 3:16), who was made under the law (Galatians 4:4), who fulfilled the law perfectly and never sinned (1 Peter 2:22). He bore our sins in his body on the cross (1 Peter 2:24), and three days later rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). All who, by God's grace, believe in and trust in the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for the forgiveness for sins, will be saved from the righteous judgment of God.
It is that gospel we must ultimately present to those who are lost in false religions and secular philosophies. Pray that the Lord might use you to do that.
- 2013 Goals - Please consider prayerfully working with us as we seek to have CARM translated into Russian and Chinese. We are hoping to get nationals from those countries who are true Christians and would be willing to be supported by CARM and translate the site into those languages. Please pray with us that God would open up the doors for this.
- Debates - Periodically I go to an Internet chat room called patalk.com. In the past two weeks, I have had several impromptu debates. One was on reformed theology, and the other two were with Roman Catholics. The topics were "Does the Bible support the Roman Catholic view of Mary?" and "Is the Roman Catholic view of the Eucharist true?" Both went very well. I have another scheduled on January 8, where I will debate a Roman Catholic on the topic of "Are we justified before God by faith alone or by faith and works?" If you want more information on that please go to www.carm.org/paltalk-debate.
- CARM Ap For Phones - The CARM Phone AP is progressing nicely. It should be released by the end of February. We are going to ask $1 for it so we can not only recoup the several thousand dollars in costs to develop it, but also, hopefully, fund more development of the app.
- I know you guys are extremely busy, but I felt called to write you an email. I cannot express enough how much CARM has meant to me over the last several months. I am a religious podcast listener, and use your website almost daily now. Listening to Matt has lit my spirit for the Lord on fire! I have been encouraged in my faith and in digging into the bible more than at any point in my life. I fully grasp now what Jesus meant when he said “many will say to me Lord, Lord…”. Matt gave me the spiritual face slap that I needed to wake up. I know Matt is humble at heart and directs praise to God, but I just wanted to thank him and everyone else behind the scenes at CARM for the work that you do. The Lord is using you in mighty, mighty ways. I intend to start supporting CARM financially in the new year as I see it as a key, important element in my walk, and I’m sure in others as well. Many would be at a serious loss if CARM would cease to exist. Lord willing, keep fighting the good fight CARM, and THANK YOU!!!
- Do not listen to the anti Christ's out there. You have published on your CARM site biblical truths and doctrines that are all correct. You and your staff should feel vindicated by all the attacks from these people due to what Jesus stated that you will be persecuted for your belief and faith in Him. Keep the faith and keep on publishing God's Holy Word and don't doubt God's Holy Spirit in your work. Thank you for all of your hard work you and your staff have put into CARM. Jeff
- Thank you Matt for your teaching, and devotion to God. You are a great blessing to me, and deeply appreciated. I am learning so much from you. God bless you and yours. In Christ, Kathy.
- You call Wiccans strang,You are a freak show!
- You post absolute garbage about the Catholic Church. As a student of comparative religions, I have researched the RCC patristic writers, and none of them oozed with the malice, vindictiveness and hostility that is evident in your writings against this Church. Why this hatred? Who are you to point fingers when God did not appoint you as His divine prophet? Do you have credentials like Moses did to walk on water? Or the gift of infallibility like Peter had to make binding decisions for the early Church in his leadership role? Oh no, you don't and you will try to explain away the papacy and enthrone yourself as an individual pope. The latest count of individual popes who have established their own Protestant denominations, cults, sects, offshoots and non-denominational churches since the reformers decided to go solo with their newly-minted invented solas, is 43,973. Why don't you speak to that staggering denominational division in your religion and the doctrinal chaos that has come from each individual interpreting Scripture on their own authority against the Bible's injunction? Why don't you address the marks of the Church in Acts, instead of assuming your religion has the true Church of Christ? How can it, when there is so much denominational squabbling over scriptural interpretation and doctrinal confusion? The only thing uniting such a fractured church as yours is your collective hatred of the RCC. Shame on you for trashing the memory of Jesus' Mother and slandering neighbor with false witness. My seeking in various faiths has turned up bonanzas....Perhaps you need to nourish your soul with the things of God instead of rotten fruit which divided even the reformers who were never able to agree on any doctrinal issues. Consider your own fractured religious heritage - the blessings have been removed and Protestantism is splintering into oblivion. And that once saved always saved doctrine is a myth, so are the solas because they are not scriptural. I will be letting my circle of Bible students know about your website and why they should avoid the scum.
- To the anti Christ Matt Slick I'm not a Jehovah's Witness but I've studied with them, an I've also studied the Bible. Now I find it strange that in your website you have different religions how ever the only religion you against is Jehovah's witnesses. I don't see anything that you saying biblically other than saying you have studied this an that. Stop hating, since you call yourself a man of God then show us. Stop trying to be famous about others. Jesus wouldn't have done what you doing!