by Matt Slick
- Teaching - Who was Jesus sent to? Have you thought about that? Most people automatically respond by saying that Jesus was sent to the world, but that's not true. Consider Matthew 15:24, "But He answered and said, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'” Jesus was not sent to the world. He was sent only to Israel. In John 1:31, John the Baptist said, "And I did not recognize Him, but in order that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water." Clearly, Jesus was sent only to Israel. Covenantally speaking, the Messiah was sent to the nation, not the whole world. However, because Israel rejected the Messiah, we the Gentiles were grafted in (Romans 11:11-24). So, when we see such verses as in John 3:16 where it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..." we can see that the word "world" is referring to all the nations. This simple understanding can help us see what the biblical writers meant when referring to those outside of covenant Israel. We, the Gentiles, have been blessed greatly by God's sovereign act of grafting us in so that we might be saved. Of course, God was not surprised by this when he spoke to Abraham and prophesied in Genesis 12:3 saying, "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” This verse is quoted by Paul in Galatians 3:8 which says, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations shall be blessed in you.” Covenantally, Jesus was sent only to Israel, but because Israel rejected the Messiah we Gentiles are grafted in. God is not surprised by the rebellion of people, and in his sovereign grace works through it to accomplish his ultimate plan.
- Thanks - As some of you know, my laptop that I use at the radio station started to act up. Twice while I was on the air it just quit. I took it home and worked on it, checked the connections, etc., but it still couldn't be trusted. So I put a request on the CARM Amazon Wish List for a laptop and someone, I don't know who, bought it and sent it to me (did the same person send the drives, too?). I have since been using it on the radio show and it has worked flawlessly. I want to say thank you to whoever it was that donated the laptop. Perhaps your anonymity is what you desire, but if you need a tax receipt we would need to know who you are. Again, thanks for helping!
- Support CARM - Would you consider supporting CARM at five dollars a month? It would really help us. I met with our bookkeeper this week and he showed me the financial condition of CARM. Long story short, at the end of this quarter if things have not changed I will have to make some pretty drastic cutbacks. So again, if you are willing to support us with just five dollars a month, please click the link and sign up. It would be greatly appreciated.
- Radio Show Support - As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, finances are low here at CARM. If things continue this way, some of the cutbacks may include the radio show. If anyone is interested in supporting the radio show in order to keep it on the air, please go here and sign up. You'll see different options for support, and you can cancel at anytime. If you're one of the listeners to the show and you have learned from it, would you please consider supporting it? Thank you.
- Israel Trip - Next month, around the 19th, I'm going to Israel. This has been scheduled for a long time - well before the financial crunch hit CARM. So, I'm committed to go since the ticket has already been purchased. It will be my first time there, and I hope the Lord uses it to give me a better understanding of where he lived and walked so that I might present the truths found in Scripture with greater insight. Please pray for my safety as well as the safety of the others on the tour.
- Amazon Wish List - If you want to help CARM, please consider the Amazon Wish List where we request help on various items to help keep this ministry going.
- CARM APP For Phones - The CARM Phone APP is progressing nicely. It should be released by the end of February. We are going to ask $1 for it so we can not only recoup the several thousand dollars in costs to develop it, but also, hopefully, fund more development of that app.
- Hi, I just read an article on your website on abortion by Matt Slick and I just wanted to tell him thank you for getting your facts right about God's grace, love and forgiveness of sins to many people live a life haunted by the things they have done in the past it is so nice to hear someone correctly say that the blood of Jesus is greater and more powerful then any sin. So thank him for me and let him know to keep up the good work!
- Thank you CARM for every news paper and it's been a great source of spiritual trust and blessings. Our sincere prayers are for you all. God bless. Dar, India
- Hey CARM thank you so much for the ministry. You have blessed me so much in witnessing to Mormons.
- I want to thank you for your well written articles. Not only are these articles very informative and biblically sound, but they have correct grammar and punctuation! Whoever is doing your proofreading and copyediting is doing a great job!
- Why do you insist that God fit YOUR mold? The Father, Son and Holy Spirit have demonstrated that they are not averse to women proclaiming their message to anyone. May God help you see with your own eyes that Jesus is NEVER recorded suggesting male dominance; in fact, His practice was to subvert it where he could as in the cases of: *the woman at the well sent to the Samaritans *the woman of Nain *the adulterous woman *Mary of Bethany of whom Jesus said "let her alone" *the woman SENT to his disciples to bring them the good news I choose to follow Him for He is Great and your practice of bruising reeds and quenching flax is not Christ-like...may God give you repentance. God said: "As for me, my way is equal"...in (Ezekiel 18:25, 29 and 33: 17, 20)...He who despises oppression. Why do you drive women from the churches and quench the Spirit in them? "...He hath sent me to ... set at liberty them that are bruised"...God is setting us free and you are fighting against God Himself...I hope you will examine your heart and consider why your view is really so important to YOU. Next time you need a minister, pray that God will send the 'person' of His own choice and see who HE sends...you might be surprised. We are no longer under Satan's dominion (Gen 3:16), but have been redeemed to equality under God, in Christ: Genesis 1:26. Hence Galatians 3:28. 1 Tim 3 (in the Greek) teaches that anyone can 'desire' the 'office' of an elder or deacon as verse 11 summarizes that all that applies to men applies equally to women. "The women likewise...vs 11" must have only one husband, etc.
- hello, I hope that you were able to read my snail mail letter. I have been under attack from the astral plane. certain new agers want to "take me down" i.e. kill me. I seem to be the only guy who is being harassed. I don't know exactly who is trying to kill me from the astral plane. Today, I had to move apt.#5's bed to my new apt.#6. I don't know if I should sleep in it tonight.
- Some priests & ministers of organized religions would play "blow the man down," by refusing to announce Him as they have taken oaths to do: there is a blood covenant between God & His People. The Churches seem to have been INFECTED with corpse worshipping de/mo/ology, ne/c/cro/mancy & "Royal Coven witchcraft." It is anathema & sin to play "blow the man down," with the already divinely completed. All men are not created equal, for all men are not made complete by hierogamical divine_enthea seraphism.